wrmhaste

"Angry Horse" (4x4)

wrmhaste

It's been entirely way too long since I've had some time to work on this. I made some time this past weekend so here's an update. Shift linkage is in place. (What a nightmare that was) and a motor is on

IMG_20170502_132403.jpg

IMG_20170502_132419.jpg

IMG_20170502_132320.jpg

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

This tractor build is pretty dang cool... but I'm looking forward to the plow that's going on it!  B)

I'm a little partial to plows I guess... here's my fleet.

IMG_1251_zpsjvl8h1ey.jpg

Here's some inspiration from the Zugspitze in Germany too.

IMG_1881_zpsxlud40rn.jpg

• Like 3

wrmhaste

That zugspitze looks fun! And are those back blades on the trucks? I will get some pics of the blade I'm going to use as a starting point. The blade is probably going to wait though. I need a loader more right now

Pullstart

The Silverado on the left of the picture has a 7.5' Fisher Minute Mount, the 2500HD has a 9.2 Boss V and 16' swing wing back blade, the K3500 has a 8' boss and 7.5' back blade.  the heavier trucks power their plows by belt driven pumps, the HD having a clutch pump with solenoid valves and the K series continuous drive with spool valves in the cab.

wrmhaste

That is awesome. Love the back blades. I currently have a 1 ton ram with an 8 foot Curtis. Hoping to get a boss v for it this summer.

wrmhaste

Also. The motor in the picture is a temporary until I can find the elusive single 16 that came on the tractor

JC 1965

I can't wait to see more.    :thumbs2: 

Pullstart

is that Honda a 110?  I grew up on those things... well off the side or under them most of the time.  I can't recall how many times we had to straighten the handlebars again so I could keep riding.

wrmhaste

That is an 83 185s. And I could never imagine flipping this one. It's mint. One hole in the original seat (about the size of a screwdriver tip.....), Which is still soft and plyable. I'm the second owner

• Like 1

Texas Todd

Not sure how I missed this one, but I am following now! Good work!:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 1

wrmhaste

Thanks Todd. You probably missed it due to lack of activity on this post. I have had a really hard time making time for this project. However if all goes as planned I will be able to test drive it Saturday.

• Like 2

Texas Todd

Thats awesome! Take a video climbing your house! Hah!

• Like 1

wrmhaste

received_1352308548178121.jpeg

received_1352308581511451.jpeg

It lives!!!! 

• Like 9

DennisThornton

No issues with the front drive belt when the axle pivots to max?  That was my only concern.

Texas Todd

In need of video!! 🇨🇱

wrmhaste

No issues so far. That was a concern of mine too at first. It did great. As far as pivot I would say I had it twisted about 3" more than a stock axle can so far. How do I do a video? 

• Like 2

Texas Todd
23 minutes ago, wrmhaste said:

How do I do a video? 

Find a teenager! They will hook you up! Hah!

• Like 3

bmsgaffer

If you know how to take the video then upload it to a free YouTube account. It will give you a link to share it and then just copy and paste it here.

I am looking forward to this video!

• Like 1

wrmhaste

Video is probably going to have to wait till Saturday or Sunday. It's kinda difficult to drive with a battery bouncing around on the foot board and jumper leads hanging off everywhere and throttle cable hanging. I should have enough time to make a wiring harness Saturday morning. It was far from ready to go last week I just couldn't help myself. 

• Like 5

wrmhaste

Well the video didn't work so well... To hard to steer, hold shifter, hold beer and hold phone.... Dropped phone ran it over...  Lost control ran over a 2 foot by 2 foot chimney brick, thought I was going to flip it. Luckily the front pivots so far it stayed on all fours. I did get a pic of running over some firewood though

IMG_20170513_160355.jpg

• Like 8

953 nut
13 minutes ago, wrmhaste said:

To hard to steer, hold shifter, hold beer and hold phone.... Dropped phone ran it over

:text-coolphotos:    Dropped the phone but managed to hold on to the beer!       :orcs-cheers:     Guess you have your priorities.    :ychain:

• Like 4

Texas Todd

By all means, safeguard the brew!! :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Texas Todd No disrespect or anything but it sounds like "you might be a redneck ". Around this neck of the woods being a redneck is a great honor.:ROTF: Sorry @Texas Todd meant to send to @wrmhaste ,My brain and fingers do not work together most of the time.:wacko: 

Edited by elcamino/wheelhorse
  • Like 3

wrmhaste

Why off course save the beer. Just went out for round two. No phone, pounded the beer and ran over some trees and stumps and piles.... And everything else in the way

• Like 3

953 nut
13 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

My brain and fingers do not work together most of the time.

That is why we look forward too your posts!    :ychain:

• Like 3