scotty

753 wiring

scotty

Im curious on how the wiring is supposed to be hooked up on my 753. Im not getting spark. Im curious about how the amp meter and the positive battery cable hook up. Is the cable from the amp meter supposed to hook up to the starter button?

Texas Todd

From the manual:

753 Wiring.jpg

• Like 4

pfrederi

Could be a bad ammeter  are you getting 12v at the + terminal of the coil with the switch on??

• Like 2

scotty

Ill have to grab voltage meter and let you know.

scotty

I am now getting spark when i start to push the button then when it starts turning over it stops getting spark. I can push the starter button over and over and it will get spark. Im still looking for my voltage meter.

pfrederi

Pushing the starter button causes a heavy current draw it may drop the voltage to the point there is no spark???  Is the battery in good shape?  When you get the meter what happens to the voltage at the + coil terminal when you hit the starter button.

scotty

The battery is no good but im using a battery charger. I get 16 volts at the + side of the coil with the switch on. When i start turning it over it drops down to nothing.

pfrederi

I think you had better try with a real battery.  The cranking may take all the battery charger has.