bunson70

Single stage snowblower bushing/spacer

bunson70

I lost one of the bushing/spacer tonight while using my tractor. The nut came loose from the bolt. I found the nut.  I am guessing, that the spacer got shot out of the blower. My dad stopped by with his metal detector. No luck. If I had a lathe, I would make my own.  Is this part available?  There is a Motion Industries a couple of miles from my home. I will try them after work tomorrow. Thank you.

IMG_20170111_190514254_HDR.jpg

JAinVA

just curious what is the blower model and where is this part located on it?

bunson70

I'll get the model and serial number in the morning. I am going to bed. These bushings are where the snowblower attaches to the front of the tractor. I have a Commando 8.

JAinVA

If it a Commando 8,I'm afraid I can not help you.

Ed Kennell

The snow blowers I have now are all tach-a-matic mounts, but I have had the frame mounts like yours and replaced the lost bushings with a straight bushing and washer.

I believe the bushing is 3/8 x 5/8, but I am not sure. If you take  the bushing to ACE hardware, they should have a bushing and washer to match.

• Like 2

gwest_ca

The part number 1982 bushing is listed as a duplicate part so may still be available from Toro. Your local Toro dealer may have info on the replacement.

Garry

• Like 2

bunson70

The model number is STR 324. The serial number is 267346. The closest Toro dealer is forty five minutes away. I'll give them a call. I'll also give Ace a try. Thank you.

• Like 2

bunson70

I found that there is a Toro dealer in town. They were not able to get the spacer. My next stop, was one of the machine shops. He said he could make one. It will be ready on Monday. I'm pretty happy with that.

• Like 1

bunson70

I picked up my new bushing at the machine shop today. It was only fifteen dollars! It looks too nice to use. I'm back in business!

IMG_20170116_163826658.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

gwest_ca

Looks good. A new Nylok nut on the bolt should keep it there.

Garry

• Like 1

bunson70

Definitely! In all the years I've used it, I never had a problem. I should have had one in there to begin with. 

Patrick Reese

Hi Bunson. I need to get two of these made (I don't have one to copy). Can you give me some more measurements. For instance overall width. Depth to flange..  So to make it easy, with the bushing laying on the table as you have it pictured. How high is it overall? and how high from the table is the flange. Those two measurements would do it.. Thanks!

• Like 1

bunson70

Hi Patrick, once I get home, I'll get the measurements.

Patrick Reese

Hi, I'll be curious to see what you measurements are.. I sort of "Winged" it and went with what I had and the picture to quesstimate sizes.. had three bushings made up at a local Machine Shop. He was nice enough to make them up out of SS steel!.. no rust.. 10 a piece.. Ours seem to work fine! They might be just a tiny bit long, but not enough to cause any problems. 

• Like 1

bunson70

Hi Patrick, here is what I have for measurements. This is the original spacer. It hope it helps.

IMG_20180124_121815863.jpg