roadapples

Long week

AMC RULES

We've all been missing our roadapples fix too Jay... :techie-typing:

glad to hear your back on the :rs:line. 

• Like 4

squonk

You could always drive a Horse down to the fairgrounds with your Horse Mask on! :lol:

• Like 5

953 nut

:techie-computer:   Hate it when that happens, glad you got it going again.  :happy-wavemulticolor:

• Like 4

rmaynard

I've always been tech savvy, and I've had a computer with internet access since 1993, but I've always said that I could walk away from my computer at any time and be just fine. That was then...

Now, I'm never more than inches away from a computer what with a smartphone in my pocket all day long. When I plan a hotel stay, the room has to have Wi-Fi. When I go to the WHCC show at South Mountain fairgrounds where AT&T coverage is poor, I take a throwaway Verizon smartphone with me. 

So Jay, I feel your pain. It's  good to have you back. 

• Like 8

Ed Kennell

Welcome back Jay.   Keep on droppin those "apples".

• Like 4

WHX??

I hear ya Jay...I don't have internet at home, too $$ and I'm too cheap...rather save the $$ for horse nonsense!! 'Sides I have plenty of it here at the shop... almost makes me want to come to work...NOT.  Poor reception at home on the Samsung ...damn steel roofs... so if I need my RS fix at home I bust out the tablet or the wife's ancient laptop (she chuckles when I fire it up)  set the phone outside and hotspot it! Just not the same tho! :lol:

Edited by WHX9
  • Like 3

roadapples

Like being a newbie all over again. Thanks for the "re"welcomes... Jay

• Like 5

Texas Todd

My Pop is 82 and is a smartphone fiend! He recently discovered emoticons.......So we get 3 words and then emoticons..... I kind of wish he still had a flip phone....but good for him! Mom, well, not even a cell phone.....

• Like 4

Hacksawhero123

Todd,  that's great stuff!  

Mark. 

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor
On 1/11/2017 at 6:44 PM, Texas Todd said:

My Pop is 82 and is a smartphone fiend! He recently discovered emoticons.......So we get 3 words and then emoticons..... I kind of wish he still had a flip phone....but good for him! Mom, well, not even a cell phone.....

Reminds me of when my Grandpa got his first iPhone from the company he worked for and discovered texting. He asked me a question and I replied back "IDK" took him a bit he finally replies "What does IDK mean?" So I spelled it out for him "I Don't Know" his next reply was priceless he said "What do you mean you don't know you're the one that sent it to me!" 

• Like 4

JAinVA

I don't text but my wife and the two children do.The only text I have ever sent was to my son a year ago.    NO   That's universal even if you don't text

• Like 2

rmaynard
11 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

Reminds me of when my Grandpa got his first iPhone from the company he worked for and discovered texting. He asked me a question and I replied back "IDK" took him a bit he finally replies "What does IDK mean?" So I spelled it out for him "I Don't Know" his next reply was priceless he said "What do you mean you don't know you're the one that sent it to me!" 

And that is the reason that we discourage the use of "text talk" here on RedSquare.

• Like 1

JC 1965

Glad you're back.     :thumbs2:

• Like 1