JAinVA

No google search

JAinVA

I remember many years ago I was going into the local post office with an arm of load packages and a kid not more than 10 opened the door and held it open for me to enter.I asked him to wait as I disposed of the load and handed him a gratuity.I told him that good manners would take him places.I don't know if he remembers the encounter but I have always thought that you should encourage and reward good manners and civility.

I rarely post on any other forums because there seems to be no one in control of the content.(thanks again to the moderators).I hate to seem like I'm whining but as a reminder to all here for some of us a typed thank you is meaningful.JAinVA

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 9

JAinVA

Thanks to you all for the comments.I have read them all and you as usual have some sage advice.I was just venting.I am sure you guys have been there too.I look forward to learning more from you all and hope I can be of some help in the future.JimAnderson

• Like 6

JAinVA

stevasaurus,

You  got the spirit of my comment perfectly.Thanks for the comment.I think you explained it much better than I did.Luck,JAinVA

• Like 8

gt4

Thank You...Two little words, but they have a big impact,and go along way! In my opinion.

• Like 9

953 nut
1 hour ago, stevasaurus said:

never answered my PM and I have not seen him back on Red Square either.

I know the one you are talking about. You, Ed, Bob and I all responded and never heard back; after the second one I just quit responding to his questions.

• Like 4

ACman

Believe me , I know how far a simple THANK YOU can go . I sure hope I'm not one of the offenders . This is a great thread by the way Thanks :) !

Edited by ACman
  • Like 8

oldlineman

Thanks for this thread. I think sometimes the older generation was brought up a little different than the younger generation.That being said that does not in any way excuse this behavior. Example, I was taught to remove my hat when in side a building, still do that but not because my mother says to, but habit, not many others of later generations do. We all need to treat others as we would like to be treated, another one I learned while very young from my examples my Father and Mother! Bob Blough Jr

• Like 9

hermitman

Boy talk about me being paranoid,,,, I posted a question last night, then after reading this thread I was omg did I forget something? went back and checked,, I hadnt forgot a thank you. Such a simple thing. Only two words needed and thats a small price for the knowledge available and willingly passed to all on this site. Aaand since I'm getting older,, Thanks to all that make this site what it is! Bless you all!

• Like 9

Hacksawhero123

Jim, I could not agree with you more. Along with your pet peeve, l hate it when someone blows in asking those on the site to diagnose their machine. The worst is that it's usually some simple problem (for anyone who has a slight knowledge of internal combustion engines), they get dozens of replies from the wizards here, and poof- they're gone. No "Thank you", and won't take the time to tell us what the hell was actually wrong with it!!!  Sorry to join the rant. 

Mark. 

• Like 7

JAinVA

Mark,

I am really surprised at the responses from folks here so far.I think that one of the responses suggested that the offenders would never look at a post on manners.How true.  stevasaurus pointed out that supporters rarely if ever lack mannerly behavior.I have looked at the posters here and sure enough you guys that have commented on this topic are all supporters.Again I have read all the comments on this thread and feel better getting my frustrations off my chest.JAinVA

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 8

oldlineman

I for one use the " Like this " option when I agree with the post and have no more to add, and want to acknowledge the poster for there time and effort. I  have learned a great deal from the fokes here and have owned Wheel Horse and only Wheel Horse since 1979 , there is knowledge here that is not only book learned but more importantly hands on " this is how I solved the problem" knowledge. Like my grandpap used to say sometimes you learn more from doing something wrong than doing it right.  Bob Blough Jr.

• Like 9

Aldon

Ditto to most of the comments made above.

My pet Peeve, of which I have likely also committed myself is the lack of initiative to use the search function.at least give it a couple tries.

Overall I tend to give supporters and frequent posters a pass. Try to help and assist where my limited experience can be of aid.

With the advent of smart phones, there are occasions where I am knee deep in a problem grease all over me and I need some assistance but I'd like to think I have either shown appreciation on the thread or in a direct phone call to said helpers.

I really appreciate the support all the members provide. I often read and hit Thanks button due to higher level of expertise individuals chiming in with more valuable input than I could offer.

Almost everyone I have met personally have been great people.

I hope to hit the show again this year and meet even more friends.

• Like 7

Hacksawhero123

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you here for the knowledge that has been freely shared with me. I hope that I can give back as much as I take. I will also apologize for a couple of posts I have made that were completely unnecessary. I appreciate your patience. 

Mark. 

• Like 5

rmaynard

Great post. I think we need one of these every now and then just to remind us of what this forum is all about. And oh by the way, if I have ever forgotten to thank any of you for your advise or assistance, THANK YOU!

• Like 9

Digger 66
8 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

We had one member here a year or more ago, that would come into transmissions and just ask a question...like he deserved an answer.  I answered him and he never acknowledged anything at all. 

In sharp contrast on the site I used to MOD on , one guy had a total of 9 posts & they were all HIS .

He started with an electrical problem question or two .

Posted a little more every couple of days his progress .

And his last two posts were a solution and a tongue in cheek "thank you "  :)

It was a couple days before I realized this & finally offered him a welcome but he never responded & must have left .

Makes you feel pretty bad being a MOD & missing stuff like that .

• Like 5