hbryant123

Wheel Horse B111

hbryant123

today i bought a wheel horse b111 at th scrap yard! 75$ I thought it was kinda neat, it was almost all complete minus the ignition switch and fuel tank! it has the 4 speed trans i believe, original stickers, i think it has an 11 hp briggs, which wasnt locked up. 

So is this tractor at all valuable, was it any good? reliable? 

How hard is it to get a key switch?

thanks!

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:.        The  first step in assessing your tractor is to print out the manuals that you will find in the manuals section.

Switches are readily available, but they are different, so you need to ID your tractor and check the wiring diagram.

If you need help, It is best to post some pictures of the tractor and hopefully a ID plate with readable numbers.  This will help the moderators find the correct link to the proper manuals.

As far as the value of the tractor, you answered that ....  $75.    :twocents-02cents:

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Nice Score on the tractor!

953 nut

:WRS:             This manual will get you started on your quest to revive your :wh:.        :wwp:

hbryant123

Thanks Everyone! I will uploads some pics asap!

20170109_130912.jpg

20170109_130918.jpg

• Like 1

hbryant123

I made a jumper wire for the ignition switch plug and after checking spark it had a it running on start fluid, no smoke, no knocking or odd sounds ! The carb bowl was clean! 

20170110_181214.jpg

20170110_181158.jpg

20170110_181150.jpg

• Like 2

gwest_ca

May be of some help

Garry

Jakeshorsetuff

I have a couple of wheel horses and I get all my manuals at www.Mywheelhorse.com they should have the manual for a b111.

22 hours ago, hbryant123 said:
22 hours ago, hbryant123 said:

hbryant123

Thanks Everyone for the Manuals! and Info! looks like what i have is the 4 speed peerless 669 transmission!

with the engine idling in neutral it seemed like there was some thumping under the tractor, i am thinking it is a bend spot in the belt from sitting??

I am trying to find the eng to deck belt size, after searching the manuals and forum i came up with 1/2 inch by 40 inch for the three blade rear discharge deck, does this sound right? The electric pto enguage when i moved the lever, i wanna see if it will turn the deck after i inspect and grease it!

As for a fuel tank any suggestions on where to get one that will be original or close?

How strong is the peerless 669 transmission? what can i do to make it last, this mower will be for mowing only most likely!

Edited by hbryant123
forgot to add!

gwest_ca

Here are the decks I see for the B-111 4-speed and there may be more. Notice the width of cut and the R and S for side or rear discharge is in the model number.

Garry

hbryant123

Thanks! i found mine is the 42 inch rear discharge deck! taks the 1/2 by 41 belt!

The next question i have is how is the belt tensioned? 

Jakeshorsetuff

About the gas tank check eBay ,mower part pros they are a little over priced and partstree.com. I'm not too familiar with b111 so I can't tell you how the belt is tensioned.

hbryant123

Good news! Got new belts for the b111! I am having a hard time with the drive belt that goes from the engine to transmission.  What's the best way to remove it?

gwest_ca

Belt replacement is covered in Section 5 of the service manual.

Garry

Elkskin's mower junkyard
On 1/9/2017 at 8:25 PM, hbryant123 said:

today i bought a wheel horse b111 at th scrap yard! 75$ I thought it was kinda neat, it was almost all complete minus the ignition switch and fuel tank! it has the 4 speed trans i believe, original stickers, i think it has an 11 hp briggs, which wasnt locked up. 

So is this tractor at all valuable, was it any good? reliable? 

How hard is it to get a key switch?

thanks!

what part of indiana are you from?