69-Raider-10

What Model Year is this?

69-Raider-10

I'm going nuts going through the Master list and Google Imaging every year 12HP Kohler. Anyone know? Thanks!!

Wheel Horse 12 HP Kohler.jpg

pfrederi

Engine is not original at all as it appears to be a Magnum. look under the dashboard for a data plate.

• Like 1

953 nut

Looks like it has been re-powered with a later engine, like Paul said, need the info plate.

69-Raider-10

Unfortunately I do not have access to the machine or that's the first thing I would have done. I'm looking to buy it and the person that owns it now is disabled and can't go out to look around the tractor. I drive up there and look at it myself but it's A 2 plus hour ride. I thought something was fishy about the way that motor sits in there. Thanks for the reply.

Ed Kennell

Is the left foot rest for a hydro with hyd. lift?   I think the cut out is to clear the hoses.

69-Raider-10
2 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Is the left foot rest for a hydro with hyd. lift?   I think the cut out is to clear the hoses.

Wish I had more info Ed. I'm blind other than this picture. The daughter took it and has no idea (or interest) on what or where to look.

WHX??

Simple to find out what it is........go get it and bring it home! Looks like a nice solid horse yet. Repower might be a nice a motor and what's not to like about the stack??

• Like 2

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:        As long as it is in good operating condition and the price is reasonable; go for it! The sans basic body style was in play for about 20 years (1965 to 1984); some little changes in the fender pan and running boards etc. took place, but they were all great.   :WRS:

My guess would be 1973 +/-

• Like 1

can whlvr

I like it,a classic tractor with a newer engine,if the price is right get it

520HC

Its a Raider hi-lo trans old style hood pre 72  cut out in fender to lock brake.

Edited by 520HC
double words

Retired Wrencher

953 nut    My guess would be 1973 +/-      I am thinking buy the decal Mid 80`s  would have been a cradle mount. Just my :twocents-02cents:  But maybe  Not ? no 8 speed.

Edited by T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER.

953 nut
31 minutes ago, T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER. said:

no 8 speed.

That is what got me to thinking early '70s. I have never studied the fine points of the subtle changes that took place on running board and seat pan configurations over the years. Decals are a scary thing to guess age by, too easy to change.  :scared-eek:

69-Raider-10

Really appreciate the help fellas. I wish I could get someone on the horn to run out and look for the tag info! My initial guess was anywhere from 68' to 74'. My Raider 10 (69' hence the SN) is very close in body style, as well as my 68' Commando 8. I am NO expert and really didnt compare the subtleties, but I can't see it being any later than 76' at most. It looks like it could be a re-powered C-120 possibly? Really tough to tell. I hear you on the decal being sketchy at best. I just had a complete set made for my Raider because I'm doing about an 85% restore on it. Thats why I need another tractor! :lol:

My HH100 is on the bench for a clean-up, seals / gaskets, Stator, and basic paint / decals. I bought a beat up Commando 8 with a good motor to repower the Raider until the Tecumseh is ready to go back in but got it home and couldn't stomach how oily, leaky, and dirty it was. Now I have BOTH motors on the bench and two rolling chassis. Wife is gonna kick me in the apple-bag if I come home with yet another tractor. Ah well, if she divorces me at least I'm pretty sure she'll let me keep'em! She's sick of hearing about them and me coming home covered in paint and grease. 

I hope....:ph34r:

Kohler 8 before-2.jpg

Kohler 8 before.jpg

HH100-1.jpg

HH100-2.jpg

• Like 4

WHX??

But honey....it's keeping me out of your hair and I am doing such a nice job!!! :lol:

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

I never pass up an opportunity to piss off the wife!! What else would have to talk about!

Randy

69-Raider-10
3 hours ago, WHX9 said:

But honey....it's keeping me out of your hair and I am doing such a nice job!!! :lol:

2 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

I never pass up an opportunity to piss off the wife!! What else would have to talk about!

Randy

:lol:  :lol: I made a rookie mistake and mentioned the damned thing before showing up with it in my pickup. Now her fur is standing up and her horns are rotating slowly in circles like ship radar looking for an enemy vessel. I'm a dummy....

Good news is I already have another one lined up in a trade for a Jon boat and a fishing kayak. Its a BEAUTIFUL Electro 12. All came about today so we're trying to work out the details. We're a little off right now but I think we can get it worked out. Pictures will be posted once I have it in my possession. I'm not jinxing myself, or accidentally confessing to the succubus again! 

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:  For future :wh: reference...  :greetings-clapyellow:

bring the tractor home first, ask for permission later.

953 nut
9 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes:  For future :wh: reference...  :greetings-clapyellow:

bring the tractor home first, ask BEG for permission forgiveness later.

• Like 2

WHX??
11 hours ago, 69-Raider-10 said:

Now her fur is standing up

I noticed you have a little tyke on a tractor in your member pic Raider...you could always try  "But dear I'm doing this for the little ones"!!! :lol: .... Look out for the rolling pin tho... :teasing-poke:

• Like 1