Spareparts

What Transmission do I have???

Spareparts

I got a transmission out of a 1057, looks like a 3 speed with 1 1/8" keyed axles with the 8 pinion, have it disassembled, I want to replace all the seals, the shifter shafts

were tight but that little problem is fixed. I have looked at the manuel section but not sure what I am looking for. Their is a shaft coming up thru the case right behind the 

the shifter but it does not turn so far, and I have not tried to force it. Thanks for any help.

gwest_ca

This should be your transmission model

It should also be in the tractor manual

Garry

953 nut

Your 1 1/8 axle shaft seals will be a SKF 11050.

A-Z Tractor

You asked about the shaft behind the shifter. What does the shaft go to inside the transmission. It would sound like a 6 speed trans if there is a second shaft coming out of the top of the transmission. The problem with wheel horse transmissions is if some one replaces the transmission the only way to identify the model is by looking at what it is on the inside. If you can't get all your questions answered email me pictures of the transmission case and the inside with the gears set in place and I will try to help identify and answer questions. My email is aztractor255@gmail.com and if you need any parts I do wheel horse salvage and have several transmissions here for parts and have the seals in stock. Also you can check out my website at  http://a-ztractor.com/ and see what I do.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

You do not have the original transmission on that horse.  The 5058 is a bevel gear transmission and you have 8 pinions.  You have an 8 speed transmission.  The post behind the shifter is the hi/low range shifter.  All of the 6 speed transmissions would have 10 pinions and be Limited Slip trannys.

Like Richard said...axle seals...SKF # 11050

input shaft seal...SKF # 6105...5/8" shaft

brake shaft seal...SKF # 7410...3/4" shaft

Measure your shafts to verify size.  :)

Use a schematic from a horse that has a # 5091 transmission for parts...a manual for a C-120 1974 would work for what you have.  :think:

Edited by stevasaurus

Spareparts

First off I want to thank everyone who helped, Looks like I have a 5091 Trans, The seal # will help a lot, I guess I will completely disassemble the gears and

see why I can't shift the high/low, every thing looks good so I don't expect much of a problem. I'am building a pulling tractor for my grandson, putting this

in a Craftsman Custom-6. He has been pulling for 3 seasons and this will be his 4th not bad for 6 yrs. old and with more trophies than Grandpa.He is helping.

As soon as I get the picture thing figured out we will post some of the build. Enough babbling and again Thanks for the help. 

stevasaurus

check out these links...great pictures and videos  :)  These will help you with the hi/low range stuff.

while this #5060 transmission is a little different then yours, it builds the same and may help you with the hi/low range stuff.

I edited the above post...the brake shaft is SKF # 7410...not 74110.  sorry...big fingers  :)

Edited by stevasaurus