Docwheelhorse

So I'm an idiot... for your viewing pleasure.

Texas Todd

It's all fun and games until it's not anymore!

Bummer.....

• Like 7

953 nut
51 minutes ago, Docwheelhorse said:

anybody else got similar stories?

YES, but there were no witnesses and no photos  - - -  so it never happened!   :hide:   Besides; I was able to tow the tractor out of the canal undamaged. 

• Like 8

rmaynard

Any chance there were any security cameras running at the time? :wwp:

• Like 7

WVHillbilly520H

Man that's a real bummer your bowtie got ripped by a green Deere :angry-banghead:, my old 2000 Silverado got ripped by brown deer on more than one occasion :angry-cussing:...Jeff.

• Like 5

Docwheelhorse

Nope.... no cameras. Just an idiot acting like a dumb kid and now paying the price. Truck is an '05 with 203,000 which doesnt make it Ok, but it stings ALOT less than a 2017 with 300 miles would feel!

• Like 7

953 nut
6 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

Any chance there were any security cameras running at the time? :wwp:

:ROTF:     Not a chance, that was back in the '60s.

• Like 6

slim67

.. anybody else got similar stories?

I definitely have a few but mostly when I was drinking. Glad your not hurt.

Edited by slim67
  • Like 3

stevasaurus

Glad you are OK Tony...and lucky also.  :think:

• Like 5

SylvanLakeWH

My Mom always said be careful who you hang out with...HHHMMM...wonder if that counts for green tractors too...

:ychain:

• Like 5

ACman

nothing a little duct tape can't fix  :auto-swerve: , just be glad it was your truck !

• Like 3

Daddy Don

Don't need the AC anymore

• Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

It's funny, but I am glad your ok and not hurt.  It's good for a breeze on a warm day. Lol    :ychain:

Glenn  

• Like 3

squonk
8 hours ago, ACman said:

nothing a little duct tape can't fix  :auto-swerve: , just be glad it was your truck !

They even make it in white! :):banana-dance:

• Like 4

WVHillbilly520H
15 hours ago, Docwheelhorse said:

Truck is an '05 with 203,000 which doesnt make it Ok, but it stings ALOT less than a 2017 with 300 miles would feel!

I know what you mean there hadn't made the third payment on my '14 Silverado and returning home from Xmas vacation late at night when I thought I saw a cardboard box/lamp shade in the middle of my lane as the lights revealed exactly what is was it was too late to maneuver around it with making things worse as a car was in the lane next me and guard rails on the opposite side so I held it straight and ran over a 2' diameter block of firewood someone had lost :chores-chopwood:so now I had a very expensive wood splitter :no:, anyways had another 100 miles home and I made it without a tow truck but because of someone else's carelessness and my being tired my "new" truck looked far worse than it does today, thank goodness for insurance, and moral to the story it could have been a lot worse and I think they do make these trucks under pinnings a little tougher than the bodies these days,Jeff.

IMAG1070.jpg

IMAG1067.jpg

IMAG1061.jpg

IMAG1062.jpg

IMAG1253.jpg

• Like 3

clueless

:handgestures-thumbupright: to you sir, first for giving it a shot and second for have the B***s to tell us.

• Like 1

Coadster32

Glad to hear you didn't get hurt Tony.

I took the week off with the kids between Christmas and New Years. Three days after Christmas, I took my truck to get the coolant flushed out. It looked ok, but it's been about 10+ years, so I figure it's due. The local shop is literally four streets away in the same residential neighborhood. Wife was still in bed, so I threw the bicycle in the back of the truck, and headed out. 1/2 way home, dumped the bike on a patch of ice. Ripped up my hands, and part of my leg. It's been about 25 years since I wiped out on a bike. Not fun. Anyway...I get home, and the wife is wide awake making coffee. (AARRRGGHH) I pick the truck up later that day..they said, "Coolant looked really good...not sure why you brought it in, but we did it anyway" (AARRRGGHH) . It happends...I guess it was just my turn.    

• Like 4

rjg854

Here's hoping you'll heal quick! 

• Like 1

stevebo

Back in high school in snow storm in my chevy monza 2 door hatchback. Doing e brake pulls and sliding rear end into newly plow snowbanks until all of a sudden it was not a snowbank rather a curb .... opps. Rear end shifts all the way over until the inside of the tire rubbed on the wheel well. Now thinking what do I do? Decided to do the same thing to the other side and move the rear end back over... Done. Drove home and told dad (big Jim) not a good idea. 

• Like 6

SylvanLakeWH
48 minutes ago, stevebo said:

Back in high school in snow storm in my chevy monza 2 door hatchback. Doing e brake pulls and sliding rear end into newly plow snowbanks until all of a sudden it was not a snowbank rather a curb .... opps. Rear end shifts all the way over until the inside of the tire rubbed on the wheel well. Now thinking what do I do? Decided to do the same thing to the other side and move the rear end back over... Done. Drove home and told dad (big Jim) not a good idea. 

AAAHHH...The old never popular but often repeated "Teenage Rear-end Alignment and Stopping Hard" (TRASH) maneuver...HHHMMM..sounds vaguely familiar...

• Like 2

Docwheelhorse

Stevebo... ask Vinny about the time we where in my Fiat (it was a '76 and was rear wheel drive) and we slid it and smashed the right rear right into a curb... the axle "adjusted" something in the center carrier and the rear end growled and moaned and sounded terrible right until the car went to scrap. Never thought about trying to adjust it back by smashing other side... lol

Tony

• Like 1

6wheeler

Ummm. Yes. I was alot younger and much wiser I am sure..... We had just finished planting the last 100 acres for the corn planting season. My 2 uncles always had a beer in the field after the last field was planted. My 3rd uncle (Their older brother) didn't always appreciate this ritual. Because I was 17 at the time, These 2 thought I should be old enough to imbibe as well. Well, uncle Joe didn't. As I was supposed to take the tractor and fertilizer wagon home and start milking? He REALLY didn't see the importance of me being involved. So, after a rear end chewing? I was to be on my way. The only similarity here is that the tractor was GREEN. It was a 4020 JD with a cab and FEL, AND Du-Alls as well. I climbed in, fired her up? And, because I was sure I didn't deserve that chewing? I stuck her in gear? Turned hard to the left? And dumped the clutch in utter digust.....Which promptly helped the right dual bounce right up and over the trunk of my other uncles( The one who thought I should have the beer) 71 Torino Brougham. Needless to say? Nobody laughing. Til later. I never even got to taste that beer........

• Like 2

TDF5G

I've put cars and pickups in the ditch a few times in the winter driving crazy on purpose.  Done some damage too.  I don't do that stuff anymore, well at least I try not to!
:rolleyes:

Edited by TDF5G

squonk
On 1/9/2017 at 9:40 PM, stevebo said:

Something about Monzas'. I had a 79. Driving to work one AM and I shifted into 3rd:auto-layrubber: right on a patch of black ice. Car turned around and I was going about 35 in reverse in the opposite lane! :auto-swerve: Lucky for me no one was approaching and I got it straightened right out.:auto-car:

Another time on a snowy night I had a few pops and was going home. Packed snow on the road in 2nd gear I decide to goose the gas. Away I went round and round heading right for a fire hydrant. I managed to swing the car enough to do a doughnut right around it! :auto-rally:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1