bmsgaffer

Tach-a-matic Rod Size

bmsgaffer

I know I have read this before, but cant find it now. What is the rod size that connects to the front and mid tach-a-matic locations? Also, what is the width between the plates?

Then, does anyone have that information for the front version of an XI?

Don't have access to any of my tractors at the moment. Thanks!

• Like 1

Walt

If I understand your question the diameter of the rod that locks in mid-mount is 7/8" but the diameter that fits the side plates is 3/4". As for the front tacamatic I have not had a project where I needed to measure those. But what ever it is it should be same diameter in lock and sides since no built up area on either my snow thrower or mule drive.

Edited by Walt
  • Like 3

JAinVA

Brandon,

The rod for the front tach-matic mount is 5/8"diam.The spacing  for the mid plates is 6 3/4" inside to inside.I have a bare frame in the shop if you need any more measurements.JAinVA

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 3

GlenPettit

TSC stores have a nice 5/8" diameter by 10" long 'Eye Bolt'  that works perfectly for this, it leaves a 71/2" space to fit onto the Tac-a-Matic nicely (measured between the nut/washer and its 'eye').    Looks nice, and is plated to reduce rusting.

The regular 5/8" bolts most places have in stock seem to only go up to a 6" length, . . . or you could purchase a3 foot long 5/8" round rod, cut it to length and drill a hole on each end for a cotter pin.

Edited by GlenPettit
  • Like 3

bmsgaffer
3 hours ago, JAinVA said:

Brandon,

The rod for the front tach-matic mount is 5/8"diam.The spacing  for the mid plates is 6 3/4" inside to inside.I have a bare frame in the shop if you need any more measurements.JAinVA

Thank you! I could use the space between the front plates as well, and I assume the front is 5/8" as well, correct?

JAinVA

The space between plates on the front is 6 1/8" " plus or minus, and again the front rod is 5/8" As Walt says the mid mount is 3/4" at attachment point.If you need more precise figures I can provide them.JAinVA

Edited by JAinVA

bmsgaffer

Ah, i misread but now I have it:

Front Attachment - 5/8" Diameter - ~6.125" inside to inside

Mid Attachment - 3/4" diameter - 6.75" inside to inside. 

Those numbers are plenty precise, luckily those attachments are very forgiving :). I am looking to build a small attachment / tach-a-matic accessory and those numbers get me where I need to be for the CAD design. 

If anyone has the numbers for the front of the XI units that would be great. Thanks for all your guys' help so far!

Edited by bmsgaffer

rlf

Any one know the amount of weight the mid and front tachamatics are designed to support? Thinking along the lines of a FEL, Johnny Bucket JR, or similar design project. 

bmsgaffer

The 60" mower deck weights approx 350lbs and at any one time the mid mount is supporting probably a bit more than half of that. 

I think the 2 stage snow blower is about the same and is supported between the front and mid i think. 

Most of the real heavy attachments are attached to the rear axle or bolted to the frame directly. 

• Like 1