Reed Breneman

New here but not to old garden tractors

Reed Breneman

I am new here so hello everybody ,I  collect all brands and love all brands,the power and attachments for garden tractors flat out floors me anymore.I use to think if you needed to move a pile of dirt you needed a 'Real"tractor,Yeah well I was pleasantly wrong,I work as an auctioneer and ringman so I come across deals regularly on all sorts of goodies and I have a wife that supports my "hobby".My other job is at a local hospital in enviornmental services,in other words I am the guy that keeps the floors shiny!Anyway before I bore everybody to death I recently bought a wheel horse gt at an auction I was working at.For some reason the seller wanted to sell all the tools  and cheaper stuff last(Bad Idea never do that)so I ended out with the little tractor for $20 and a blade for another tractor for $10 and a new seat for $30 I am real happy.My plans are to restore it so any info would be gratefully accepted,The tractor does turn freely by hand and the oil while very dirty looks ok and smells ok Included are some pics of the tractor ,some other tractors I own and some of my shop so ya all know I am seriously addicted!!!The little mongomery wards tractor was my first restore and it is now in a friends collection and goes to shows all summer More pics commin please enjoy them!

PTDC0190.JPG

PTDC0188.JPG

PTDC0191.JPG

PTDC0192.JPG

PTDC0195.JPG

PTDC0194.JPG

PTDC0197.JPG

PTDC0200.JPG

PTDC0020 (1).JPG

PTDC0047.JPG

PTDC0054.JPG

PTDC0055.JPG

PTDC0062 (1).JPG

• Like 8

Achto

:WRS:  Looks like a nice B-100 you have. I would try cleaning the fuel system and carb, then see if it will run. I picked up one that sat outside for 15+ yrs and was able to get it running after less than an hours work. You don't always get that lucky but it's worth a shot.

Edited by achto
  • Like 3

Reed Breneman

It needs a bath too!!!!

PTDC0059.JPG

• Like 2

stevasaurus

:text-welcomeconfetti:  I think that B-100 is going to clean up real nice.  It is either a 1976 or 1977.  Find the model number and go into our "Manuals" section to find and download the manual for that horse.  Your shop looks as organized as mine.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 4

PeacemakerJack

:text-welcomeconfetti:Glad you found us.  That is a nice restore on the MW tractor!  I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with your newly acquired "horse"!  If you like to post pictures, I highly suggest becoming a supporter which will allow you to do plenty of picture posting--It is money well spent.  I like the shop, organized chaos.  Like Steve, it reminds me of mine!  Be sure to start a thread in the restorations page of the forum so that we can track your progress.  If you thought you were into GT's before, wait till this "red horse" worms its way into your blood after all it is the same color!

• Like 5

Reed Breneman

another tractor ,this one has a tiller and blade I use it all the time

PTDC0001.JPG

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:WRS:

• Like 1

ACman

Welcome to :rs:! There's a wealth of :wh:Horse knowledge and the members here will help pretty much at a moments notice . We love lots  :text-coolphotos: so keep them coming. You get some jabs :teasing-poke: here and there about different colors (especially green & yellow ones) but it's all in good fun . The MODERATORS do a really good job keeping everyone inline and you may just find this is the friendliest forum on GT's out there :twocents-02cents: . You're gonna love that B-100 by the way . 

• Like 5

WVHillbilly520H
4 hours ago, Reed Breneman said:

PTDC0001.JPG

:text-welcomeconfetti:,Wrong colors but cool, my FIL has one setting out in the barn all by itself(to the left of the CUB behind the post) for fear of all the RED :laughing-rofl:...Jeff.

IMAG2581.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 3

KC9KAS

@Reed Breneman glad you made it to :rs::text-welcomeconfetti:to everything you want to know about your Wheel Horse!

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack
4 hours ago, Reed Breneman said:

Hopefully you pump the tire up first, :text-lol:its a little hard to steer like that and can be tough on the driveway, rim, spindles, and grass!:teasing-poke::ychain:

• Like 3

Reed Breneman
50 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Hopefully you pump the tire up first, :text-lol:its a little hard to steer like that and can be tough on the driveway, rim, spindles, and grass!:teasing-poke::ychain:

its good for circles!

• Like 5

Sparky

:WRS:

Mike......

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:

• Like 1

jay bee

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs: Reed.  I've got a '76 B-100 and it is my favorite!!!  I'm sure you're going to like yours.

Jim