TDF5G

Little problems

Achto

Tough day @TDF5G:(, been there my self a time er 2 or 100+. Seems like if it ain't 1 thing it's 6. Probably a good thing that you can't get to the repairs right away. It some times works out better if you are able to walk away for a bit before you start repairing, it works that way for me at least. Gotta let the frustration die down a liitle.:angry-cussing: Good luck with every thing, I hope it's not too difficult.

Hope today goes smoother.

• Like 5

rmaynard

Been there, done that. As I tell my wife, "I'm not complaining, I just have to tell someone". She says I'm complaining.

I feel your pain.

• Like 9

T-Mo

Sorry to hear this.  I was hoping to see some B-100 snow action.  Maybe next snow fall.

• Like 4

vmen84

that sinks sorry to hear about your b-100 problems It hasn't even snowed enough in st louis to get my b-100 yet 

• Like 2

TDF5G
38 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

Sorry to hear this.  I was hoping to see some B-100 snow action.  Maybe next snow fall.

Hope so!

41 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

Been there, done that. As I tell my wife, "I'm not complaining, I just have to tell someone". She says I'm complaining.

I feel your pain.

Yes. You are right.  Just wanted to share.  I knew you guys would appreciate it.  

56 minutes ago, achto said:

Tough day @TDF5G:(, been there my self a time er 2 or 100+. Seems like if it ain't 1 thing it's 6. Probably a good thing that you can't get to the repairs right away. It some times works out better if you are able to walk away for a bit before you start repairing, it works that way for me at least. Gotta let the frustration die down a liitle.:angry-cussing: Good luck with every thing, I hope it's not too difficult.

Hope today goes smoother.

Not upset.  Just disappointed more than anything.  I enjoy doing repairs actually, I just prefer to do them at my convenience. :)

• Like 2

Achto
29 minutes ago, TDF5G said:

Not upset.  Just disappointed more than anything.  I enjoy doing repairs actually, I just prefer to do them at my convenience. :)

I guess even a :wh: is allowed a sick day once & a while. :D

• Like 5

TDF5G
10 minutes ago, achto said:

I guess even a :wh: is allowed a sick day once & a while. :D

Yes it sat in the basement most all summer.  I did run it a few weeks ago.  Seemed ok then.

ACman

You'll get it figured out , and we've all been there at some point or another :wacko: ... Heck this is the place for :wh:Horse therapy ( keeps me sane anyways) is it not  :ychain: !

• Like 6

PeacemakerJack

This is the perfect place to look for a little:wh: support!  We all like to share in a persons joys and good times but real friends are there when we have an "off" day!:handgestures-thumbupright:  I know that I've had those days too.  Most of the time it is something simple that has caused the issue but as you said, it typically happens at the most inopportune time.  Being able to go home from work and play in the snow with your horse takes you back to childhood experiences at that first snowfall.  It also doesn't help that there are those of us on here from the north where snow is fairly common for about 5 months out of the year.  But i know you'll get it figured out, back up and running, and ready for that next snowfall that comes in.  My only request is that you get someone to take a picture of you pushing that white stuff because something tells you that your smile will be even a little bigger after overcoming this "hiccup":D.  Thank you for sharing with us, hopefully we can be a little encouragement.  How many people get the opportunity to have a pizza party in the gas station parking lot while a big rig is refilling the underground tanks? (or at least it smelled that way I'm sure:ychain:)  I'm going to go :text-offtopic: just for a second, this made me think of the time that I had a batch of really nasty old fuel.  It was early in my marriage and home ownership.  I had watched my uncle as a teen put his old fuel in an old orchard sprayer and use it to kill weeds around the foundation of the house.  So, I  thought, I'll just pour this along the foundation until it is gone, its only a couple f gallons:think:. This was a bad idea for a myriad of reasons but what i found out was that the winter frost was coming out of the ground at the same time.  There was a 3/4" space between the ground and foundation and that fuel went all the way to the footing.  This was at the part of the foundation where the laundry room is located inside the house.  Within a couple of hours the entire laundry room smelled like that old gas!!!!:no:Can I tell you that my lovely young bride was more than a little upset when I finally had no choice but to come clean with her on what htat smell was.  First she was ready to call the fire fighters to diagnose the problem, then she wanted to call the police to take me away, next she wanted to just call the ambulance to haul away what was left of me when she was finished:bitch::auto-ambulance:.  I had completely forgotten about that story until you shared your unfortunate event.  We all have those stories that we wish we didn't have to tell but they are the fabric of our lives and we hope that someday we can look back and laugh a little like I am now.  Today is the 16th anniversary of moving into this house and it is memories like that which make me happy to still be in the same house.  

Back on topic--When you get that horse out of sick bay, you'll have to post here what the deal was and make sure to get thsat door spring fixed so you can get it out of the stable next time it is needed. Good luck:rolleyes:

• Like 5

TDF5G

Thank you all for the words of encouragement.  I'll get it figured out. I've got a carb kit on the spare parts shelf and I've got a carb from an in progress overhaul I can borrow too.  Just need time to get at it now.  I envy you retired guys.  

Edited by TDF5G
  • Like 2

ACman

See how much better you feel after letting it all out :crying-yellow:... :lol: 

• Like 3

TDF5G
5 minutes ago, ACman said:

See how much better you feel after letting it all out :crying-yellow:... :lol: 

Always feel better after logging in to Red Square!  Greatest forum ever!

• Like 6

Ed Kennell

Always a bright side.....like neither yours or Jacks houses blew up when they were filled with gasoline fumes.  :angry-extinguishflame::hide:

• Like 5

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat:

Retired Wrencher

TDF5G  I fell your pain. Things do happen just you said. Mostly when you have to work for a living. There is never a enough time to do things you like to do or do the right way. = Time consuming. The thing is when you are on the other side of the clock you have the time. The 1057 Redo it took 3 times to put a fuel shut off on the tank. they all leaked. the second time was an OEM part that was a little rusty I took a chance on it. The rust should been the  clue. These are obsolete now.  So I put a straight fitting on it and put a cheap plastic shut off on it  works. Hang in there better days are around the corner.

• Like 1

squonk
21 hours ago, TDF5G said:

couldn't get the garage door open, due to a busted spring.

Garage door springs always break in the winter. I have the wind-up style. Mine break in the AM when I'm trying to leave for work! :hide:

• Like 2

MalMac

Wow I didn't even know Murphy left my house for awhile. For the most part he seems to live here on a regular basis. Been known to venture out occasionally though.

• Like 3

TDF5G
On 1/7/2017 at 6:49 AM, MalMac said:

Wow I didn't even know Murphy left my house for awhile. For the most part he seems to live here on a regular basis. Been known to venture out occasionally though.

I'll send him back to ya!

On 1/7/2017 at 6:38 AM, squonk said:

Garage door springs always break in the winter. I have the wind-up style. Mine break in the AM when I'm trying to leave for work! :hide:

Yep they do break at the wrong time.  Mine are the coil type, one on each side for a single door.  Last one that broke was many years ago.  A loud noise woke me up in the middle of the night.  Went to investigate and found nothing.  Next morning, garage door wouldn't raise.  Oh so that's what that noise was last night!  :o 

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

BTW, those old door springs make excellent lift assist springs for you young'uns with a big left arm that still use a manual lift.

IMG_1874 (640x480).jpgIMG_1876 (640x480).jpg

• Like 3

TDF5G

I took advantage of the warm weather we had here yesterday.  I replaced the garage door spring and put a carburetor  (borrowed from another project) on the B-100.   

The carb is from a 12 HP C-121.   The throttle chamber is slightly larger but I don't see any other difference.  The throttle shaft is quite worn.  It seems to run all right after some adjusting.  It will get me by until I get a chance to overhaul the 10 HP carb. 

P.S.  I bought some scented candles at the store also in case I stink up the house again with gas.  Um......gasoline that is.  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

ClassicTractorProfessor

Sorry to hear about your bad day. We all have those and just have to ride them out until better ones come along. I know all too well how things can break down at the worst possible times. Reminds me of last summer when my 1277 went down, I take care of several yards around town every year, and had just started on the biggest one, made about a half pass around when boom my connecting rod decides to turn itself into 5 pieces and make a nice hole in the side of the block, covering my right leg with oil in the process. So out came the push mower which really sucks for a yard that takes up 3 lots lol. Hope you can get yours up and going again before the next snowfall.

• Like 1