plumb-r

Added LED lights for plowing.

SylvanLakeWH

Cool idea!

JoeM

Tip. use a piece of cloth between the magnet and paint. keeps the scratches down. I mounted a winch switch on a magnet and it still sticks pretty well.

I like the light idea.

Just might copy.

• Like 5

bizzo15

Cool idea, has anyone tried to retrofit led's in where the stock headlights go?  Also where did you tap into for a power source for these?

-Matt

• Like 1

obone

I plan to add LEDs where hood lights go as mine did not come with any. If you do have lights you already have a light circuit and can hook to it, but you must stay under 80% amp draw for the fuse. Most I've seen have a 20 amp fuse. If you are going to pull more then you should on amps then add a relay from the light switch to control the relay then hook the other side up to the battery and the lights. A 10 dollar auto relay can handle 20 to 30 amps. That's how your car does it.

Docwheelhorse

Remember.... the most common charging system on the Kohlers puts out 15 amps and if you have 12 volt ignition you are already using 3-4 amps of the available 15. You start running more than 10 amps worth of lighting and your beating up your charging system. Worse yet start running 20 amps worth of lighting and your actually running off / running down your battery as you plow. Plow long enough with lights on and battery will drain and ignition will quit. Of course with the magneto ignition such as a Kohler Magnum you draw nothing ---BUT--- the battery will still draw down and when you shut tractor down and try a restart you get weak or no crank....

Then you post on Redsquare asking about charging issues on your rig... lol 

Lots of big lights is cool... but be kind to your 15 amp stator. It will thank you!

Tony

• Like 7

tommyg
On 1/5/2017 at 5:43 AM, Docwheelhorse said:

Lots of big lights is cool... but be kind to your 15 amp stator. It will thank you!

Tony

LED's draw a minuscule amount of amperage. I wouldn't be concerned about that one bit.

TDF5G
21 minutes ago, tommyg said:

LED's draw a minuscule amount of amperage. I wouldn't be concerned about that one bit.

That's kinda what I was thinking.

Docwheelhorse

Yes LED's are light on power draw... but Ive seen plenty of conventional fog lights and KC hi lighters bolted on and that is high amperage.

Tony

• Like 2

Sarge

Be careful using even some of those small led light bars and pay attention to amperage draw - some of them are quite high and well over 10amps due to how the driver circuitry is built . Seems many are using a small 9" or so light bar to replace the hood light on some models and the really cheap ones have a higher draw rate than the better quality builders . I prefer the 18w max cubes - they put out plenty of light for their size and there are several patterns of light spread available as well .

Sarge

• Like 1

WHX??

I just put a 120 watt light bar on my cab with two 26 watt floods on rear & total measured amp draw was less than 8 amps. I don't think that you will have a problem with what you have.

• Like 1

new2horses

To calculate the amperage draw from your device, divide the wattage rating by the voltage from your power source. For example, if you have a 100-watt light bulb in a lamp that is plugged into a 120-volt outlet, it will draw 0.83 amps.

Pretty easy to determine draw,

• Like 2