Rp.wh

Info about yellow rj's

Rp.wh

Anyone have any info on any rjs that where painted yellow from factory? I am sure this has came up a time or 2. 

image1.JPG

• Like 7

SylvanLakeWH

There are a couple older threads on this issue. Did not see where it (yellow factory paint) was verified. One older thread got kinda nasty and the mods terminated it...

Sounds like WH legend stuff to me but...

No expert, so maybe the WH Wise Men will shed some wisdom...

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Nice one shown...

easily fixed.  :clap:

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher

Well if not from the factory. It looks like a good job. Would be curious if was done from the factory. Any info in the book?   

ACman

RJ industrial :scratchead: ?....at least they didn't paint it green :lol: !

• Like 3

Rp.wh

The reason I ask the guy that I got the picture from said he bought it at a county auction obviously it was beat up badly and it was the industry yellow color when he he bought it, he said they used it for parks recreational areas. 

Edited by Rp.wh

VinsRJ

From what I have found and have been told, all RJ's were red from the factory (garage actually) but that doesn't mean that they weren't repainted by municipalities and/or the military... yes there are stories of these tractors being used by our military too... I stand on solid ground that there were absolutely no camo RJ's from the factory... LOL!

Also old ball colors just don't fit the early WH theme... It's well documented that the Pond's ran the company as cheaply as possible by just pulling parts off the shelf in order to finish tractors and to meet production numbers as quickly as possible. The thought that they would stop all painting production to spray yellow just doesn't seem reasonable to me. Not to mention they would have to order the special colors and/or store the paints.

Have there been old ball colored RJ's? Yes. Old ball colors from the factory? That's for you to decide.

Edited by VinsRJ
  • Like 6

Docwheelhorse

I have pics I will post of a lawn ranger that APPEARED to be yellow from factory... or it was meticulously stripped and re-painted. I no longer have machine....

As a side thought... it could be a one off custom made by an employee for them selves. I have a Winchester 12 Gauge ***** gun that is just gorgeous and APPEARS to be an Oliver Winchester commeroative (spelling is butchered... sorry). All my research, emails and phone calls get responses of "it doesnt exist / was never made" with the additional comment that an employee made it for themselves most likely.

Just my thoughts...

Tony

• Like 1

SPINJIM

There is another yellow Rj hood on ebay now, just listed.  It obviously was all red originally.  If the yellow has been showing up a lot, maybe they were repainted for use by the military.  Navy or Air Force would want them yellow to make them more visible.   I don't know;  just conjecture.

Jim

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Might try a search...the cadimum yellow has been discussed at length here before...

maybe in the Rusty 702's thread...can't remember specifically where, but it's out there.

Have a couple examples of it sitting around here...

here in this video, from back in the day...just after steam cleaning the 702 for the first time. 

Pretty sure you can some of it on the frame work, foot rests, and tin work...

if i remember correctly, some suggested the cad may have been a type of primer for the red top coat...I think. 

Nothing was ever confirmed though, so who knows for sure?   :confusion-shrug:

Also have this cad covered Kohler gen set I aquired for it's original Schnacke recoil, and shower cap muffler....

which seems to me, was hardly ever used, or possibly rebuilt at some point...probably the ballsiest K90 I've ever heard.  IMG_6421.JPGIMG_6425.JPGIMG_6414.JPGIMG_6408.JPGIMG_6426.JPG

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 3

dells68

Whatever the story, me likey!!!  I'd love to have that one.  Reminds me of some of the old Farmalls and Deeres that received industrial and municipal paint jobs.

• Like 3

bmsgaffer

That one is for sale here local to me. Looks like a well done resto, regardless of color. 

WHX??

So what you waitin for Brandon......:auto-layrubber:

3 hours ago, bmsgaffer said:

Looks like a well done resto

:ychain: agreed.... check out the black trim around the seat edge!

Edited by WHX9
  • Like 2

Coadster32

I picked up a suburban that was yellow years ago. (horrible paint job). I thought it kind of looked pretty cool. I believe Russ ended up with it. (Salty Wright on RS)

bmsgaffer
4 hours ago, WHX9 said:

So what you waitin for Brandon......:auto-layrubber:

:ychain: agreed.... check out the black trim around the seat edge!

Ha! Someday when I have extra storage space i might get a 58. Right now I have a 551 that needs some love first. :hide:

• Like 1