PeacemakerJack

Favorite Car Films

PeacemakerJack

Never heard of that one before but just the trailer was entertaining!  I'll have to see if I can locate that one...

• Like 1

Achto

On the subject of big trucks, I don't believe that any one mentioned the movie where the trucks had a roll all by them selves. "Maximum Overdrive" Where the trucks rained terror and AC/DC had a kick a$$ sound track. The "Happy Toyz" truck was both menacing and cool at the same time.

happy toys.png

Edited by achto
  • Like 2

slim67
12 hours ago, Ken B said:

I can't think of too many movies or TV shows that had a cool pickup in them that played a decent sized role.. I did really Like Cooters C30 tow truck from the Dukes of Hazzard though. John Baker from CHiPs did have a pretty nice Chevy 4x4 step side as well.. But since you did say trucks well then here is my very favorite. We never missed an episode, meaning my Dad my younger brother Jim and most times my Mom as well. Every episode had beautiful woman and that beautiful Kenworth! What more can you ask for? :dunno: I loved the intro....

My uncle Harolds brother worked at the Kenworth plant in Chilicothe,Ohio when BJ and the Bear was on TV. My uncle knew I loved that show and  trucks, so he went to the plant and got me a photo of him and my aunt standing next to that beautiful cabover. I also received a KW belt buckle and tie pin. Quite a surprise for a young kid, secretly being an even bigger Peterbilt fan.

7 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Big rig films huh? How about these 2?

Screenshot_2017-01-05-11-45-33.png

Screenshot_2017-01-05-11-46-14.png

Two good truckin movies there. On a weirder note how about Maximum Overdrive?

OK we have had cars,pick ups,class 8 trucks. Now what about excavating equipment? Who remembers Killdozer? For all our military members, how about Tank starring James Garner?

• Like 4

AMC RULES

• Like 3

VinsRJ

Now here is a classic...

truckster.jpg

• Like 5

PeacemakerJack

:ROTF:just seeing that car made me laugh!  That movie has always been funny to me but more so now that I have growing kids of my own!  Classic 

benji756

whats really great about the family truckster is it makes a appearance at the end of the new vacation movie

• Like 1

slim67
7 hours ago, VinsRJ said:

Now here is a classic...

truckster.jpg

it should have been the arctic blue sports wagon!

• Like 1

Ken B
10 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Yer killin me Craig! I got to see these two epic bikes in the flesh this past weekend, (perfect recreations) right in yer neck of the woods to.. The Captain America bike has always been my favorite. When I walked into the museum and saw it the drool started. I was thinkin about posting that intro myself...

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack

What movie is this car from?

image.jpeg

or this one...

image.jpeg

Achto
16 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

What movie is this car from?

image.jpeg

The Merc is from "Cobra", I'm not sure on the Goat.

• Like 1

WHX??

You guys got waaaayyy too much time on yer hands watching all these cool movies!! :popcorn::ychain: Must have a TV out in the horse barn!!

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack
49 minutes ago, achto said:

The Merc is from "Cobra", I'm not sure on the Goat.

Cobra was a "so-so" film at best but that 50 Merc lead sled stole every scene that it was featured in at least for me as a young car fan.   One of my favorite sections of the film was when "Cobra" arrived home to find out that the local neighborhood hooligans had taken his parking spot.  He tried to reason with them and they had some smart Alec comment.  So he takes the Merc and pushes their cars out of the way and reclaims his spot!  

39 minutes ago, WHX9 said:

You guys got waaaayyy too much time on yer hands watching all these cool movies!! :popcorn::ychain: Must have a TV out in the horse barn!!

That is a great idea!  Working on GhostRider and setting up the Punisher while watching 2004's "The Punisher" (the above '69 Goat is from that film)! 

• Like 1

AMC RULES

I'm still, always glued to the TV...      :clap:

when ever either of these two classics are on. 

:text-+1:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

Edited by AMC RULES

Ken B

I almost forgot this one...  Maybe that is because I only saw it one time. I couldn't find an official trailer but you can watch the whole movie on Youtube... 

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack
52 minutes ago, Ken B said:

I almost forgot this one...  Maybe that is because I only saw it one time. I couldn't find an official trailer but you can watch the whole movie on Youtube... 

I had never heard of this movie until about 10 years ago when my parents gave me a DVD of it for my birthday.  The acting is ok the story line is pretty good but the car action is AWESOME!  Once again, this was before CGI and so everything you see is live action.   If you like Mopar Hemis, you definitely need to watch this film! Lots of cool drag racing action and the hero car is a "rat rod" (before that was a term) 1940ish Willys--sweet!

ericj

just found this thread, some really cool shows and movies, does anybody remember the original mission impossible tv show it feathered a 68 cornet I believe R/T convertible. dad bought a 68 cornet R/T hard top brand new and i still remember the night he brought it home. my little brother was born several days later and has always laid claim to it. it's on his list to restore on of these days.

ericj  

Edited by ericj
  • Like 1

PeacemakerJack

Eric--don't ever let that car get away!  Whether it is you or your brother, get it going again and enjoy it!  Cool memories for sure in that ride no doubt.  If you have any old pics of it, you should start a thread here in the off topic section.  I, for one, would like to hear more about it....

I did a little quick research and the only '68 cornet that I could find was used in a couple of episodes of season three.  I don't know if this is the car that you are thinking of...

image.jpeg

That series was filmed in a time when every car on the road was destined to be a classic although they didn't know it at the time!

image.jpeg

Boy those were/are beautiful cars long angular bodies with curves in the right places!  You don't see cornets at car shows all that often.  Typically you see 'Cudas, Chargers, and Challengers. 

ericj

i was only like 6 at the time but i swore, although they say the mind is the first to go, that it was blue, and i believe mpc made a model of it at the time. i thought that the star drove it but like i said that was a long time ago, i'll  talk to my brother and see what he can remember or any info, dad ordered the car in Jan of 68. but Hurst went on strike and the car sat on the production line  while they were on strike. dad brought it home i think 5/31/68 and my little brother was born 6/6/68

eric j