PeacemakerJack

Favorite Car Films

HuntzNSam

Oft mis-credited to Barris, the Monkeemoblie was the work of Dean Jeffries.  Jeffries also did the Black Beauty for Green Hornet.

Our favorite since we own a 60 Invicta, but little known, a real hot rod story, 10000 miles in 5000 minutes:

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack

That's right about Dean Jeffries and the monkeemobile!  I had forgotten that but now that you say it, I recall that I had read that somewhere in one of my books.  Thanks for making that correction!  We want to see clear and correct info passed on! 

I like your Buick for sure and a cool video as well!

Edited by PeacemakerJack

AMC RULES

• Like 4

Thor27
2 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

This was the original "Gone in 60 seconds", you can see it on the door.  HB jumped this car around 125-150ft and suffered permenant back damage from it.  He was only 3-7 ft off of the ground throughout the jump because he was following a hill down.  However the car hit hard when it came in contact with the ground! Fortunately he had multiple cameras set up because he only made the jump once! He was a great stunt driver and could do some amazing tricks with a car.  He wasn't much of an actor--but definitely a car guy.

LOL, Thanks Jack, Don't know what I was thinking!   

Edited by Thor27
  • Like 1

Achto

From Lambo's to classic hot rods & every thing in between this movie had a car to cover almost every one's liking.

cannonball-run.jpg

Edited by achto
  • Like 5

Rp.wh

Probably not everyone's favorite movies but black sheep with Chris farley also Tommy boy with the gtx and the blues brothers and the dodge monico

2017-01-02-20-38-54--266093089.jpg

images.jpg

tommy_boy_gtx_6.jpg

63ebb1cf3934048cc789decca7e9c6e0.jpg

• Like 4

AMC RULES

It was so much fun watching this one in Kenosha, Wisconsin (where AMC's were manufactured)

it was during the '98 nationals, and all us AMC owners took over the local drive in. 

Everyone started laying on their horns when that english secret agent from England (end if this clip)made the sprial jump.  :clap:

• Like 5

can whlvr

don't forget knight rider with KIT

• Like 3

benji756

Can't forget about Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry!

• Like 1

Aldon

Off the top of my head a couple not yet mentioned. Bronson's Mechanic for the ford truck scenes. And Reynold's flick Gator for the 4 speed LTD with 429. The latter is nostalgic for me since my father had several of 429 Tanks during that era. I think his favorite were the Mercurys. It's not an actual movie but it is video.....I really enjoy "Roadkill" and so far my favorite vehicle is the 1500 plus HP Camaro with moniker the "Fbomb". Intent was to make it Road legal. Awesome.

Vin diesel borrowed the idea for his movie but there is an actual vehicle:

IMG_0090.PNG

Edited by Aldon
  • Like 3

benji756

I thought the Bronson ford truck was in Mr. Majestic?

• Like 2

Aldon

Your likely correct. I'm getting old and forget more than I remember:-)

diesel cowboy

There's Back to the Future, The Dukes of Hazzard, and Convoy

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack
2 hours ago, achto said:

From Lambo's to classic hot rods & every thing in between this movie had a car to cover almost every one's liking.

cannonball-run.jpg

The Cannonball had such a great all star cast from  legends like Reynolds, Davis, Martin, and Elam, to an unknown oriental guy (driving what would one day be known as a "tuner car") named Jackie Chan!  That was a great film Dan, now I gotta go watch that one again.

1 hour ago, can whlvr said:

don't forget knight rider with KIT

That new commercial just came out with the guy watching shows on his phone, at the mid point Michael Knight and KITT show up while the classic soundtrack is playing--awesome.  Pontiac really milked the success of several key product placements of the Trans Am and Knight Rider was one of them!

16 minutes ago, diesel cowboy said:

There's Back to the Future...

Every time I see a DeLorean at a car show, I find myself saying, "Doc you made a time machine out of a DeLorean?"  That was a fun movie.  

1 hour ago, benji756 said:

Can't forget about Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry!

I'm lost on this one---Help!

i felt so bad for that GTX from Tommy boy but I laugh every time a see the door incident at the gas station, "Richard, what did you do?"

PeacemakerJack
1 hour ago, Aldon said:

Off the top of my head a couple not yet mentioned. Bronson's Mechanic for the ford truck scenes. And Reynold's flick Gator for the 4 speed LTD with 429. The latter is nostalgic for me since my father had several of 429 Tanks during that era. I think his favorite were the Mercurys. It's not an actual movie but it is video.....I really enjoy "Roadkill" and so far my favorite vehicle is the 1500 plus HP Camaro with moniker the "Fbomb". Intent was to make it Road legal. Awesome.

Vin diesel borrowed the idea for his movie but there is an actual vehicle:

IMG_0090.PNG

Kool stuff Aldon! I haven't seen the Gator films with Reynolds but I'll try to locate them and check them out.  Looks like fun stuff to me.  I also like the cars of RoadKill. They come up with some amazing vehicles!

benji756

Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry was a old Peter Fonda film that had a great car chase seen in it.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

• Like 4

Ken B
39 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Took the words right outta my mouth Craig! My parents were the coolest (and still are) They took all 7 of us kids to the drive in back in the 70's and we watched Dirty Mary Crazy Larry on the Big Screen in moms 68 Chevy wagon.. From that moment on I knew I had to have a  69 Charger. (I must admit, I loved the 66 Impala 4 door Larry drove as well!)  As it turned out by the time I was 18 I had one mean 69 Charger with a built 440 with 456's in the rear.  By the time I was 21 I had a mint 69 R/T Charger with a 440 six pack. Sadly no pics of either car but I do have video from 1987 of Kenny in action terrorizing the hood... I had to paint my 69 Charger a few times due to being caught in the act of drag racing (and not stopping when they hit their lights) a few times at Super 7 where us locals would race. When it was race time I had a nice set of  Cragar mags for the front with skinny black wall bias plys and a set of deep dish black factory rims for the rear with a set of M&H slicks my father in law gave me...

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 3

Ken B

And my other Favorite car movie (which we also saw at the drive in) was Two Lane Black top. This car is the one I haven't managed to get my hands on, YET. The wining sound of that M-22 Rock Crusher 4-speed left an impression on me that I never forgot. I made sure my 69 Chevelle had that same 4 speed in it. Wish I kept that car... Back in the day these guys were my hero's for their driving style and the cool characters they were. (even though Larry robbed a grocery store!)

• Like 3

PeacemakerJack

Ken--that was a classic home video!:auto-layrubber:Just to be clear, was that you and your '69 charger?  Who owned the two Pontiacs in the video?  Hard to believe that was taken 30 years ago if it was shot in 1987!!!

• Like 1

ACman
11 hours ago, Aldon said:

.I really enjoy "Roadkill" and so far my favorite vehicle is the 1500 plus HP Camaro with moniker the "Fbomb". Intent was to make it Road legal. Awesome.

IMG_0090.PNG

David Freiburger was the editor at Hot Rod magazine when he started this build the "F bomb" as a cheap how to build and eventually  evolved into this monster :handgestures-thumbupright: one of my favorites too .

How about the tv show Fall Guy .

IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1515.JPG

• Like 5

PeacemakerJack
3 minutes ago, ACman said:

How about the tv show Fall Guy .

IMG_1514.JPG

My kid brother had a Tonka version of that truck!  I used to play with it and dream of driving the real thing--awesome!

Speaking of that--the 80's tv shows were loaded with cool vehicles...

image.jpeg

Rick Simon's Power Wagon from "Simon and Simon"

image.jpeg

The A-Team van!

image.jpeg

Spencer's Mustang from "Spencer for Hire"

• Like 2

HuntzNSam

You guys are digging deep!  How about the XKE Hearse from Harold and Maude?  As an impressionable young teen hooked on Alice Cooper, this hearse blew my mind.

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_6262-Jaguar-XK-E-1971.html

Huntz

AND.. you puller guys have to appreciate Lone Wolf McQuade and his Ramcharger.  Bet he could have done this with a Wheel Horse and a beer.

HuntzNSam

AND the 62 Caddy, the 64 Buick Skylark Convertible, and the unseen 63 Pontiac Tempest with posi and Metallic Mint Green in My Cousin Vinny.  Marisa Tomei had no effect on this vote.

• Like 2

Ken B
On 1/2/2017 at 8:36 PM, AMC RULES said:

This was also in my top 3 of car movies. My late best friend Kurt and myself must have watched Mad Max at least 1000 times, I ain't even kiddin... We loved it for the cars AND the bikes.. But man, something about that Interceptor...

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 1