Sign in to follow this  
Guest Whbelguim

wheel horse D 200

Guest Whbelguim

hello after finding an RJ in belgium I also have a D 200 matching original tiller only a problem some parts are missing the front grill was gone but we have since imitated but an original exhaust underneath someone knows what outlets under this model is appropriate if so where they can be found who can help me

wh1257 greetings from belgium

pfrederi

Welcome to Red Square!!!

The original mufflers are no longer available and if you can find a used one very pricey.  I made mine from some Briggs and Stratton mufflers.  The one picture of the holes in the end of the exhaust is an original wheel horse muffler.  The rest are of my tractor and homemade fittings.  You want to have the tail end plugged with holes drilled in the sides to vent the exhaust.  If you let it blow straight down you will wind up with dead spots in your grass when ever you stop for a few moments.

_1299170470625.png

IMG_3290.jpg

IMG_0143.JPG

IMG_3289.jpg

• Like 5

pacer

Yes, you will have to fabricate your own as pfred indicated or something like I did here on my D-200 -- stacks. I was doing a rebuild on the engine and since I hardly had any thing left of the original exhaust I built these stacks while the engine was being worked on. The mufflers are for a Cub Cadet. And, as a bonus, when that thing come up on the throttle at around 2000rpm it truly sounds AWESOME!!:woohoo:

D-200 004.JPG

Edited by pacer
  • Like 3

Ian928

Here is mine. I could not find any parts so I built them myself. They do not muffle the sound much sadly, I probably need to redo this in the future... Our D-200 has been repowered with a Onan 20hp engine. It did not run well so I also installed a SU carburettor from a Mini Cooper and that works better.

Eksos.jpg

Forgasser.jpg

pacer

Ian, where or how did you make those really nice "U" bends on the pipe? Course I guess you'll tell me you got them there in Norway:( Whatever, they sure do look good

Ian928
54 minutes ago, pacer said:

Ian, where or how did you make those really nice "U" bends on the pipe? Course I guess you'll tell me you got them there in Norway:( Whatever, they sure do look good

I had access to a roller bending machine at work at that time. I made the pipes all the way down under the front, drilled lots of holes in the muffler area and then made the outer section from sch40 S316 stainless pipe because that was what we had... Even though I drilled many holes it was probably to few to really muffle the sound, so my D-200 is very loud and the sound is not nice either... :(:(

If and when I find the time to redo it, should I consider a balance pipe between the two exhaust pipes? That could probably take some of the punch out of the sound also?

Edited by Ian928

Sarge

Not sure if a balance pipe would work with the firing cycle of a flat-2 engine , it would take the correct volume of the exhaust to make it work and probably a lot longer pipe setup . I'd say making the two mufflers as close to the same length in total should work fine - the baffling is where it gets tricky .

Sarge