gt4

Blade attachment on axel

gt4

I can't figure out what i'm doing wrong on this plow. I've hooked other plows up before, no problem,straight forward. I must have the brackets on wrong,upside down, ass backwards i don't know but the plow seems to bind and won't lift even a half inch. Here's a picture. If someone has the same plow could you put a picture up and show me your complete hook up Thanks...might save me a trip to A.A.  this is sending me nuts!!

20170102_095419.jpg

20170102_095413.jpg

WVHillbilly520H

You don't have the rear quick hitch, you seem to be bolting the plow frame directly to the axle, those two bolts you have on either side of the angle iron has to "float" like the bar on the newer style,Jeff.

IMAG2553.jpg

IMAG2554.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.6e9559e973513071f3a95355ea3b6d51.jpeg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 3

T-Mo

Jeff nailed it.  Here is one installed on my 702, which uses the front set of holes for the mounting pin.

IMG_0399.JPG

• Like 3

gwest_ca

I think you have the correct sides but you have the angle iron on the bottom. I think this model of plow requires the angle iron be on the front with the nuts facing the rear. Give each one a 90 degree turn around the axle housing.

Garry

• Like 5

gt4
26 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

I think you have the correct sides but you have the angle iron on the bottom. I think this model of plow requires the angle iron be on the front with the nuts facing the rear. Give each one a 90 degree turn around the axle housing.

Garry

So do i still need the rear quick attatchment then Garry?

gwest_ca

I don't think so. The one you have using bolts does the same thing - it's just not quick. If you did have one I think the plow frame would be too short by 2 or 3 inches because the pivot point would end up under the axle. The one you have puts the pivot ahead of the axle a bit.

I would use bolts with enough unthreaded shank to go completely through the angle and the plow frame even if you have to use flat washers to get it tight enough so it can turn in use. Put Nylock nuts on the outside so any movement of the bolt won't cause unnecessary wear as the frame pivots up and down.

Garry

• Like 3

oldlineman

:text-yeahthat: do what Garry said rotate the angles so they are on the front of the axles and the two bolt front to back with the nuts towards the rear, I think that will fix you up.

Edited by oldlineman
  • Like 4

WVHillbilly520H

If you can find shoulder bolts that would work better for that application then they can be tightened down and still rotate freely, and like said above flip/rotate the angle side to side front to rear so the bolt holes are at the front should help considerably.

• Like 1

gt4

Thank you very much guys!!👍

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

Gt14

i sent you pictures and a link in Manuals to the correct owners manual via private message. . All comments made above are correct regarding the need to position the angle iron to the front of the axle. Good luck. 

Dave

• Like 2

gt4

Thanks for the pictures, that helped a lot fun engineer👍