T-Mo

B-100 Automatic Find

T-Mo

My friend Buzz, who has over 20 something Cub Cadets, most of them of the narrow frame era, and has 4 Power Kings, plus a Super A Farmall, told me about a Wheel Horse locally.  He said it was under a tarp behind this guy's house.  Buzz wasn't interested, as he was there to pick up yet another CC 104.  But he told me about it, but I just wasn't interested enough to go look at it.  But, as time goes on, I decided, why not.  So Buzz went and got the guy's number for me and I call.  Yesterday I went and look at it.  I didn't take any money with me, nor my trailer so I wouldn't be tempted to make a hasty, on the spot, decision.  It turned out to be a 1975 B-100 Automatic.

It was in rough shape, missing the seat, which the guy claims he has.  He said his dad bought it new in 1975 and he has all the manuals, which for me, is the turning point of me wanting it.  He said he rebuilt it about 10 years ago, and put a 12 hp Kohler on it at that time.  He said it last ran about 5 years ago, but he said it will start now (we'll see).

Did I mentioned it was in rough shape?  Surface rust, missing the headlight panel, rivets and screws where they shouldn't be, and a tool box bolted to the back of the fender deck.  Tires are flat and look to be shot.  I'm wondering if it will even roll and move.  Many, many things wrong with it.  I am not impressed at all.  Did I mentioned it was in rough shape?

But, price is good, at $50.  To me, the real jewel are the manuals, all nicely tucked away in a binder, including a Kohler manual.  Wife says buy it, but I'm just not impressed with the tractor itself.  I probably will go get it, but except for the manuals, and maybe the engine (if it's good), there isn't much there for me to really get excited.

Maybe more to follow later on this find.  Or maybe I may talked myself out of it.  It ain't going nowhere...If I don't buy it, it will probably rust away in the guy's back yard.  Did I mentioned it was in rough shape?

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:roll:  Sometimes...

its just nice to know where they are. 

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 3

gt4

It probably depends on what kind of shape it's in ?  👀

• Like 1

JoeM

Don't figure they made to many of those B100-A. $50.....great price if is all there.

Sparky

You mention it's in rough shape a few times...are ya hopin the guys on this site would talk you out of it? No chance!!

There has to be $50 in parts there. If the K301 isn't locked up, there's your money back and then some.

Mike.....

• Like 6

T-Mo
7 minutes ago, Sparky said:

You mention it's in rough shape a few times...are ya hopin the guys on this site would talk you out of it? No chance!!

There has to be $50 in parts there. If the K301 isn't locked up, there's your money back and then some.

Mike.....

Probably just the opposite - that you guys tell me, go for it.

I don't know if I mentioned what shape it's in, though.........

• Like 5

WH nut

But you did mention only 50 bucks

• Like 1

jackhammer

I guess with seeing tractors come and go after at least 9 years ,, that it     wouldn't     be to hard to say no  .. 

NOT..

• Like 2

woodchuckfarmer

At 50 bucks it sounds like its just good to have around just to keep from being scraped.     Wayne

• Like 2

Pollack Pete

You didn't go get it yet?? I have a B100 Automatic with a 48 inch snow blade.Not a bad little tractor at all.Go get it........Go get it........Go get it.

• Like 2

Texas Todd

actnow.jpg

• Like 3

T-Mo

I don't think I mentioned that it's in rough shape, have I?:deadhorse:

• Like 1

oldredrider

My bet is that if you don't get it, you'll regret it.

Picked up a C-141 and a C-100 about 9 years ago for $50. Sold the C-100 to a friend and restored the C-141. 

The C-141 is still really nice looking but is a worker and have used it for mowing, snow/dirt dozer work,  generator duty, hauling...you name it. So glad it didn't go to a scrapper.

• Like 3

608KEB

A B-100 Automatic is on my top list. It has enough  h.p. and I like the location of the hydraulic lever. I moved the seat back on mine about 1 1/2". I took this picture  last week. Sounds like a good deal too!:handgestures-thumbupright:

IMG_20161221_114310729_HDR.jpg

• Like 6

AMC RULES

:roll:  Now...thats some motivation.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

KC9KAS

@T-Mo What shape is this 1975 B-100 auto? :ychain:

I have a 1975 B-100 auto and like it a-lot!

I have probably $150 in mine, but I had to buy an engine (correct 10 hp) and a seat.

You better buy it for $50, cause I think it may be in better shape than you are letting on! :wwp:

• Like 2

T-Mo

Well, it's home now.  I would have tried to start it, but the fuel tank is leaking onto the battery, so I thought it best not to attempt to hook my jump box to it.  After we got it out of it's ruts that the tires made, it moved pretty easily.

r

IMG_0485.JPG

IMG_0503.JPG

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0523.JPG

• Like 5

Sparky

Damn!....she is rough! Kinda looks like the muffler exhausted back at the operator. 

But still worth the small investment in my opinion.

Mike.....

Pollack Pete

You're a good man for saving that Horse.I've resurrected much worse.Have fun with your new toy.

• Like 2

T-Mo
12 hours ago, Sparky said:

Damn!....she is rough! Kinda looks like the muffler exhausted back at the operator. 

But still worth the small investment in my opinion.

Mike.....

The exhaust stack is loose and can be rotated 90 degrees vertical.  He had it rotated horizontal so rain wouldn't wouldn't get in.

2 hours ago, Pollack Pete said:

You're a good man for saving that Horse.I've resurrected much worse.Have fun with your new toy.

Thanks, but it is rough.  No seat, wrong steering wheel, rivets and screws where none should be, etc.

oliver2-44

WOW. ........Rough??

I'm getting a picture of some of you in the land of "Horses-a-Plenty" being a little spoiled.  That filly certainly needs some attention, but would be a Great!!  $50 pickup around here.  OK I suspect if I lived where there were more horses (or any kind of GT,s) bI would be pickier too. 

To to each his own as the saying goes!

• Like 2

T-Mo
1 hour ago, oliver2-44 said:

WOW. ........Rough??

I'm getting a picture of some of you in the land of "Horses-a-Plenty" being a little spoiled.  That filly certainly needs some attention, but would be a Great!!  $50 pickup around here.  OK I suspect if I lived where there were more horses (or any kind of GT,s) bI would be pickier too. 

To to each his own as the saying goes!

The pictures don't give it justice to how rough it really is.  All things can be fixed and brought back to life, it just depends on how much effort and time a person can spend on something. 

AMC RULES

It's rough? :wacko: Good to see...

you were just pulling our leg.   

Nice :wh: save Terry.   :text-bravo:

• Like 1

TDF5G

Looks mighty fine for $50.  I'd say you did well!

:text-bravo:

RandyLittrell

Thats a beater for sure, but I see a lot more than $50 worth there. 

RAndy