Docwheelhorse

Isn't She Beautiful!!! Last haul of 2016

Docwheelhorse

Happy New Year all!!!!

So I took one last road trip to Alpha NJ ~225 miles one way from my house for a 1056... I have one already but the transaxle is rusted solid and the rest of the tractor needs everything.

I've always had an itch for one as a short frame "big block" Kohler just screams cool to me...

Its a dang shame the hood took  a hit (it looks recent as the rust looks new in the crease). Its already in protected storage and I want to get it running soon... check out those wheel weights... there as heavy as they look!

I did make a deal with the guy and got a 48" short / long frame plow with axle bracket, a 1998 Sears GT3000 hydro and a 197? Sears LT1036---check other posts for details.

One question---Why does it have the optional PTO bell / clutch? Didn't all of these just use a spring loaded pedal operated idler pulley to engage the deck belt??

Tony

20161230_135738.jpg

20161231_133031.jpg

20161231_133038.jpg

20161231_133046.jpg

20161231_133050.jpg

20161231_133056.jpg

s-l16005.jpg

s-l16006.jpg

s-l16007.jpg

• Like 8

stevebo

Nice Tony! I saw that one and wondered why it did not sell sooner. A bit of wet sanding and buffing and she will look perfect!

gwest_ca

I think you have a 1-1/8" engine crankshaft so the optional pto kit

The first 10hp models used a 1" crankshaft so

Garry

Texas Todd

Nice haul! That will keep ya busy for a while for sure! Happy New Year!

Wishin4a416

Nice score!!! Is that an LT 1036 on the rear of the trailer?

Docwheelhorse

Hi, yes thats an LT 1036, check my post under non tractor related... look for "yard art"

Tony

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Tony  Nice 1056. I am sure that dent can be ponded out. With the right tools on a nice flat surface.  Good find enjoy the project.

Sarge

Someone put a PT-6 kit on it but did not install the front mule drive brackets or it was a swap from another model . No big deal , just find an early to mid 70's front attachment bracket that fits over the front axle pin although the pin may need to be lengthened a bit . There was an obscure set of front brackets made available to fit the front mule drive to the older model tractors - I have a set on my 1277 and use the more modern 48MS02 deck on mine . Also works nicely with the newer snow blowers as well and not hard to make one ...

1277 in shed.jpg

Sarge

• Like 2

grnlark

Tony, that trailer shouldnt have been empty passing by here on your way to Jersey :angry-nono: