stevebo

NOS Decks for Sale

stevebo

I will be buying out a dealer's nos supply of decks and 2 or 3 bagger systems. Here are the part numbers he has plus 2 other decks he thinks are 42's but did not have part numbers.

0548ms05 (2)

0537sk01 (1)

3536rl01 (3)

I will have a total of 8 decks and 2 or 3 bagging systems. Can anyone confirm these. I think there are two 48's, one 37 and three 36.

Lastly,

What are each worth? Please keep in mnd these are new in boxes... thanks- steve

:banana:

whfan74

Not quite sure on the decks but if my memory serves me right the baggers were just over $300 if I am not mistaken.

Sparky

I checked out the #'s you posted and you didnt exactly hit the jackpot. I found that the 35-36RL01 is for the 200 series verticle shaft tractors so you wont find much interest or value there. Also the 05-37SK01 is also for a verticle shaft model like the 252-H for example.

The 05-48MS05 I discovered is for a Wheel Horse garden tractor("C", 300-400-500 series) and is definitely woth something.

I cant give you a value on them but the two verticle shaft units will not bring good money but the 48" units should.

Mike............

stevebo

sparky,

thanks for the info. steve

Guest fireman

Steve,

You've surely gone over the "Wheel Horse" edge :whistle: And I thougt I was bad having 6 tractors. I think we need some serious :whistle: :thumbs:

stevebo

Fireman,

Thanks to this forum and especially Sparky, I will not be bringing home all 8. I only want the horizontal shaft units. I know he has 2 48's so they will be here tomorrow.... hopefully. we will see what kind of deal i can work out.

WHC-125

Steve,

You can drop some tractors off at my house if you dont have room :thumbs:

kpinnc

I found that the 35-36RL01 is for the 200 series verticle shaft tractors so you wont find much interest or value there.

Steve, while I agree with Mike to a point, I would also consider another option. Of course, I assume if you were planning to buy 8 NOS mower decks, you're probably getting a helluva deal.

That said, you may want to remember that the 36, 37, and 48 inch mower decks shared MOST of all the components as the horizontal tractor decks. In addition, the deck shells were identical in some cases. Sometimes there would be an extra bracket welded on, but IMHO, I would be happy to cut off a little bracket for the chance to add a NOS deck to some tractors.

If you are in fact staring at a great deal on some mower decks, you may actually be able to sell the parts for good money. I assure you that NOS deck spindles on Ebay would be worthwhile come spring time. All you have to do is cross reference some part numbers and make sure you know what you're getting.

Good luck!

Kevin

• Like 1

stevebo

Are the spindles all the same??

BairleaFarm

Are the spindles all the same??

Im not sure but I dont think so. IIRC the spindle is taller on a 48" deck verses a 36" deck, therefore I can only assume they would be different on your decks.

kpinnc

IIRC the spindle is taller on a 48" deck verses a 36" deck, therefore I can only assume they would be different on your decks.

If you mean between horizontal shaft decks and vertical, the only way to be sure is to cross reference part numbers between the decks. But, I can say for certain that some are.

Now as TDB said- The spindles are NOT the same between some deck sizes. 42 and 48 SD are the same, just different pulleys. But a 37 inch deck has different spindles from a 48...

Keep one thing in mind: WH, like so many companies, used common parts wherever possible. It's cheaper that way, as far as production costs.

You'll have to do your homework Steve. But I'm sure we can wrangle up some deck numbers to give you a reference.

Kevin

TT

I know for a fact that some of the 36" three blade decks for the 80's lawn tractors can be made to work on a garden tractor with nothing more than a center pulley and mounting carriage/gauge wheel bar swap.

When my B-80 left here it had a deck from a B-115 under it. :thumbs:

051308016.jpg

stevebo

guys,

i went to see the guywith cash in my pocket but turns out only 2 horizontal shaft decks (both 48 inch) the rest were verticle shaft decks. it was a disapointment and i made an offer but we were off by $50 ... it was a good deal however the time and effort to make a few hundred bucks was not worth it to me at this point. sorry...

TT

turns out only 2 horizontal shaft decks (both 48 inch) the rest were verticle shaft decks.

You knew that before you left. :thumbs:

So... are you going to divulge the location now - in case someone else wants them? :whistle:

Jim_M

it was a good deal however the time and effort to make a few hundred bucks was not worth it to me at this point. sorry...

No offense intended Steve, but I'll work pretty hard to make a few hundred bucks!

You might want to re-think things a little if you're only $50.00 apart.

Butch

I'd be interested in the 48" deck depending on cost. Picking it up would be a problem unless it finds it's way to the convention this summer.

WH854

Here is Toro price

05-48MS05 (48" $ 597.48 ) (42" $645.66) Just the shells.

42" costs more than the 48" you can still buy a lot of parts for these decks.

Chas.

RLG

LOOKING FOR 3536RL01 REAR DISCHARGE 36" DECK FOR 200 SERIES.

stevebo

Guys,

These decks (that I passed ont) are at a small hardware store in Bridgeport, CT. I do not remember the name of the store. Sorry. I know he had a few of those deck for the vert shaft. He had 5 vert shaft decks and 3 48 inch sd for horizontal shaft. Sorry i could not help more. Should have posted his info when I had it :omg:

SteveP

I am looking for a 36" mower deck for my tractor, model 3536RL01 I see that you were selling some. Do you still have these left?

Walt
22 minutes ago, SteveP said:

I am looking for a 36" mower deck for my tractor, model 3536RL01 I see that you were selling some. Do you still have these left?

First :WRS:  Secondly this thread is from 2009 and as I read through it I don't think he bought any of them. I did happen to see this on CL last night if it is along what your looking for check Grand Rapids of west Mich CL.

00c0c_kOzdNfT6brV_600x450.jpg

• Thanks 1

SteveP

WOW..Great!  and thanks...Funny I look through those classified adds and didn't see that. That's exactly the one I need, these can be hard to find!

• Like 1

Walt
5 hours ago, SteveP said:

WOW..Great!  and thanks...Funny I look through those classified adds and didn't see that. That's exactly the one I need, these can be hard to find!

I just double checked put in wheel horse as 2 words it does not show up using wheelhorse.

Forest Road

I just modified a twin to that for a C series. Think he had a few more near Utica NY