Dresden Guy

Tire Chains for 23" X 8½" X 12"

Dresden Guy

Is there a chart or vendor link that gives the optimal chain size for specific tire sizes. I have a 314-8 w/ 23" X 8½"  X 12" and was wondering what the length of the crosslink should be. I have 5 sets of chains, and most are 14" wide crosslinks. I would think a 12" crosslink would fit better. Just wondering?  Thanks to anyone who has a reference chart or some chain-to-tire table.

Thanks

Steve  aka Dresden Guy

rmaynard

I just bought a set of chains for my 416-H marked 23 x 9.50 x 12. The cross links were 14" including the hooks that connect them to the side links. I had to remove two cross links from each chain, ending up with a total of 37 side links going around the outside of the tire. Each of the side links was 1-1/2" long. I slightly over inflated the tires after installing the chains to make them a little more snug. 

I hope this helps.

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 1

R. L. Addison

I have several cross-links (new), if I have time, I'll try to think to measure them, as I no longer use them. I use bar-cleats instead.

mmmmmdonuts

On my 23x8.5x12 I also have 14 chains including the two linking chains. I typically jack up the tractor deflate to a few psi, put the chains on and inflate to 20psi for the winter.