Razkid

My next whatsit?

Razkid

This was dropped off to me by the 520-H's previous owners friend. I asked him to go through the shed and garage to see if there were any other things painted red that might go with the tractor. It's about 4' long and heavy. Is this something Wheel Horse? He also found the missing pulley cover that goes on the mower deck and one tiller blade. Never hurts to ask!

DSCN1141[1].JPG

DSCN1142[1].JPG

• Like 3

rjg854

It's the bar that raises a snowthrower

• Like 7

roadapples
5 minutes ago, Ranger13148 said:

It's the bar that raises a snowthrower

Yup, that`s it.....

• Like 1

Razkid

Do you mean to manually lift the snowthrower? I don't see anything like it in the 06-44SC01 parts list. Does it go onto some other model of snowthrower?

DSCN1068A.jpg

Edited by Razkid
  • Like 1

roadapples

Yes..

• Like 1

GlenPettit

Yes (and no),  there's a big mechanical advantage ––– you're using the large lever on the left plus a strong 'helper spring' (and a 'flag') underneath, so just your left arm while sitting can raise the snowblower easily.

Ask him to keep searching and keep a big eye open –– it's those little small parts that are often left behind that have become so valuable and hard to find, and even harder to reproduce, like the small 'flag' and 'Spring', etc.

Edited by GlenPettit
  • Like 4

roadapples

Can`t see it in that picture, it`s underneath the tractor..

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

NO , not for the 2stage but for a single stage, as you can tell there's a cradle/frame and scissors type lift linkage with a smaller lift arm on the 2stage, on the single it's frame latches into the front attac-a-matic then that big pole attaches to the bottom of the auger housing/frame then under the tractor to the rock shaft,Jeff.

IMAG0406.jpg

IMAG0437.jpg

IMAG1594.jpg

• Like 6

Razkid

Thanks to all for the replies and to Jeff for clarifying it to me! I'll have to ask if another tractor that the previous owner owned had a single stage on it. It might go on the tractor that the person who brought it to me now owns!

• Like 5

857 horse

Just an off topic question,,,,,,,,What is all the concrete for in the floor.??? 

Razkid

In the process of breaking up the concrete floor in the barn.

6wheeler

Still off topic. Hammerdrilling to start the cracks? Back on topic. Do those snow blowers manually lift pretty easy? Haven't had a snowblower on the place since the Bobcat showed up. Never had a tractor one. Just a walk behind butt kicker.

Razkid

Yes to hammerdrilling!

WVHillbilly520H
15 hours ago, 6wheeler said:

Still off topic. Hammerdrilling to start the cracks? Back on topic. Do those snow blowers manually lift pretty easy? Haven't had a snowblower on the place since the Bobcat showed up. Never had a tractor one. Just a walk behind butt kicker.

With the lift assist spring they lift ok but all mine are hydro so I'm just going by other comments on :rs:,as for the Bobcat I hope yours is new enough with "floating" loader as my BIL/FIL's doesn't and tears up more sod than clearing snow and takes FIL twice if not longer to move the snow than me sitting in a "warm" cab blowing it over the house and melting away long before his iceberg piles, not knocking the Bobcat, but I do know when the DOT can't push the snow back past the guard rails on the mountain highway going back to my home in WV they bring out the 8' tall 12' wide truck mounted snow blower to keep both lanes open for travel,Jeff.

895_1.jpg

• Like 5

ohiofarmer

Just a suggestion on tearing out that floor. If you can get some forklift forks on a skidsteer attachment or even just hook an edge with a backhoe.

Lift a piece of slab up almost vertical and then drop it and it probably will break up when it hits the ground. For tougher pieces, we would throw lumps of concrete under them to create a high spot and then WHAM-- break them up. The larger pieces you can lift and carry out with a forklift attachment, the better.  As a bonus, the earth beneath the slab is pretty much undisturbed.

If I were doing the job, we would take the slab pieces outside and stack maybe three of them on a dump truck, Then push them forward with the forks and repeat as necessary. Saves so much time that you would not believe it. Of course, I cannot see the room you have vertically above that floor, so my technique may not work so well.You do have to be careful around stem walls.

Tearing out sidewalks using this method is so fun that you should pay the customer to do it. Good luck with your project.

• Like 1

Razkid

Thanks for the tip Ohiofarmer. It's not my place but I'll pass the tip on to the owner.