Redisbest

522xi

Redisbest

How long is a 522xi with snowblower....How high does snowblower lift....Don't want to pull a tandem trailer to make purchase if possible..i have smaller trailer that is rated high enough..but only 8' 6''long.How well do soft cabs hold up to trailering.....Thanks.....

Edited by Redisbest
Added details
  • Like 1

stevebo

I don't have the measurements but I would be dragging the bigger trailer and some tools to take the canvas off the soft cab myself. Nice set up you are picking up it would be bad to lose the cab or worse the machine when dragging her back. Good luck!

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat: I'm thinking that even if designed for the impressive speed of your average WH the cab is not rated for 70+ mph...

:twocents-02cents:

Good luck and safe travels!

• Like 1

elliot ness

Take the cab off for sure, unless it a short trip in town and not over 35MPH. I made the mistake one with a Deere cab with cloth doors and they did not make the trip. It beat them up pretty bad.:twocents-02cents:

doc724

With a single stage blower attached it is 8-9 feet overall.  Weight will be around 1200 pounds not including any weights or the mower deck.  Take the big trailer

shallowwatersailor

The cab comes off pretty easy. Start with the roof with four bolts. Loosen or remove the top bolt for the door hinge and remove doors. Then unsnap the canvas all around. I would remove the frame for trailering even though there isn't much resistance from the tubing. Better safe than sorry as the individual pieces if bent or broken are not cheap. Two screws at the hood, loosen four bolts at the footboards and two bolts at the fender. Keep in mind that the price is now $959.00 brand new from OTC for the cab.

Doc is conservative as I would figure at least 9 feet and 1350 on the weight of a 522xi and single stage snowthrower. If it is a two stage snowblower, add another 150 pounds and 18 inches.

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

This trailer is a bit over 8' long. I did not have the tractor pulled up all the way to keep the tongue weight proper, but that may only net you 4" or so.... I would take the tandem as I am pretty sure a snow blower is longer than the room I had left. 

Also, bring extra wood to lengthen ramp as I don't think the snow blower will lift more than 4-5" off the ground and may not clear the ramps.

2016-07-14_17_36_06.jpg

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

I used a 6'x12' trailer last month just to tug a 520xi with 60" deck home as the deck was too wide for my 5'x8' without removing, but when I brought the Dxi home with 48" deck snow plow and a 520h 48" deck on the 5'x8' it was all I wanted on there,Jeff.

IMAG2562.jpg

IMAG1880.jpg

IMAG1881.jpg

IMAG2575.jpg

IMAG2566.jpg

Redisbest

Hillbilly...That is a LOAD.....I will pay more in gas...And take the tandem...Thank you all for the input....If all goes well, there will be another horse in the stable first week of January....And I finally got the Clydesdale I've wanted .

Edited by Redisbest
Spelling error
  • Like 1

Sarge

Yeah , something to be said for the potential of not only breaking the trailer , but losing the tractor you just bought at highway speed - that would not be a good day for sure ....I always err on the side of caution with stuff like that . If nothing else, due to the way the Public drives and their lack of attention these days I want a safety factor of at least 5:1 when hauling stuff - and a very good set of brakes .

Sarge

• Like 1