Team70R

Honda Horse

Team70R

Finally got fed up messing with the old HH60 and pulled it off my 606. Slapped the Honda G300 on, which I have $0 in, and got everything working! Just have to set up one of the old Tecumseh gas tanks and modify the exhaust so the hood will fit WITHOUT cutting it. Should be a work horse now!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 9

Hacksawhero123

Zero money projects that work are the best. Good luck if you try to wear out that Honda. My company has been using Honda powered generators for twenty plus years. My genset has outlasted two service trucks and I would not be surprised if it outlasts my newest truck. Good looking install you have there. 

Mark. 

• Like 2

Team70R

Just need something reliable and I know the Honda will be!! Thanks mark, got it mounted in no time! 

Wes 

SPINJIM

Please let us know what you do with the exhaust.   I'm planning to put a Honda GX160 on a 604 or a Commando 6.   I've also given up on the Tecys.

I've been checking ebay for custom exhausts that are used on go-karts, but haven't found the right pipe.    When I bought the Commando at an auction run by the Amish, the auctioneer said, "I dare you put a Honda on it".   The Amish around here use Honda GX series engines for everything.    They used to use Wisconsins, but have switched to Hondas for their durability and more available parts.    Your WH might not be be authentic & original, but it will be dependable. 

Jim

Edited by SPINJIM
  • Like 1

WHX??

Funny you should bring that up Jim....just had a run in with Honda crazed Amish the other day who had lots of parts!

• Like 2

Hacksawhero123

Ok, I wouldn't know the Amish from Martians, but when did they embrace the internal combustion engine?  Last I saw (Amish Mafia tv show) they had kick scooters, but no bicycles because the chain was too modern. Please forgive my ignorance here. 

Mark. 

• Like 2

Team70R

Jim I will definitely post pics for you! Still have to figure out how I'm gonna route it haha

And I'll watch out for the Amish!

WHX??

Old school Amish they ain't Hero ......around here at least ....they have long used internal combustion engines for whatever they want.....pumping water to cooling milk...heck even welding. Long as they don't ride on them. Several of them have  small power shops.  The wood working bunch have old Wisconsins turning their mills, saws and lathes via big belts.

Don't believe everything you see on the booby  tube!

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
10 minutes ago, Hacksawhero123 said:

Ok, I wouldn't know the Amish from Martians, but when did they embrace the internal combustion engine?  Last I saw (Amish Mafia tv show) they had kick scooters, but no bicycles because the chain was too modern. Please forgive my ignorance here. 

Mark. 

They all use them here to run their generators, air compressors and milk coolers.  They just can't tie into the public power grid.

• Like 4

WHX??

:text-imsorry: didn't mean to steal your thread Team

Neither does Ed or Hero.....:lol:

Edited by WHX9
  • Like 3

Hacksawhero123

Now I'm thinking of this old 9 horse Honda from a post hole digger that I sent to my brothers house......  

mark

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

I just noticed that front wheel weight.  Got any better pics  Team?

• Like 1

WHX??

Old disc brake rotors reporposed?

• Like 1

SPINJIM
2 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Looks like a rotor from a disk brake system

Team70R
15 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

They are 6 lug Chevy brake rotors. Miraculously they bolt on with the factory holes on the rims. Zero drilling required and they were FREE!! I'll snap a pic for you tomorrow Ed!

• Like 6

WHX??

Hey guys I bet a guy could fill them with lead too... :think:....thanks for the idea Team...:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Sparky

I have a 656 that I mounted a Honda on....great running, trusty and very thrifty on fuel. It's also quiet, bet I could hold a cell phone conversation while driving it!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Mike.......

• Like 4

Team70R

Mike, love those front tires!!

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack
9 hours ago, WHX9 said:

Hey guys I bet a guy could fill them with lead too... :think:....thanks for the idea Team...:handgestures-thumbupright:

Jim--looks like a great idea to help keep those front "hooves" planted while pulling a furrow plow!!!

KC9KAS

@Team70R Honda Horse...I like that!

• Like 1

Team70R

Exhaust is done!! 

IMG_1825.JPG

IMG_1829.JPG

• Like 3

Team70R
21 hours ago, WHX9 said:

You definitely could!!

IMG_1828.JPG

• Like 3

roadapples

Great, I`ve got some of those lying around. Although this is why I can`t get in my garage. I never throw anything away..

Edited by roadapples
  • Like 3

Ed Kennell

I'll have to look at the four off my F-150, but I think they are too big to fit inside the wheel.

• Like 1

Team70R

Worth a shot anyway!!

• Like 1