PeacemakerJack

The Horses Stable Mates

PeacemakerJack

There are so many things to like with those old classic vehicles.  My friends and acquaintances don't believe me but if I lived in a southern climate where there was no snow, my garage and shed would only contain older cars and trucks. My primary drivers wouldn't be newer than the 80's and probably not than the 70's.  But alas, I certainly can't bring myself to drive a beautiful classic truck in this salt and slop that we have on the roads in WI five to six months out of the year:bitch:.

Keep those stable mates coming, I love to see those old rigs!

• Like 1

stevebo
10 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

There are so many things to like with those old classic vehicles.  My friends and acquaintances don't believe me but if I lived in a southern climate where there was no snow, my garage and shed would only contain older cars and trucks. My primary drivers wouldn't be newer than the 80's and probably not than the 70's.  But alas, I certainly can't bring myself to drive a beautiful classic truck in this salt and slop that we have on the roads in WI five to six months out of the year:bitch:.

Keep those stable mates coming, I love to see those old rigs!

In the summer and fall when not driving for work related trips this one is my driver of choice....

IMG_9103.JPG

IMG_3924.JPG

IMG_3933.JPG

• Like 9

PeacemakerJack

Stevebo--have you ever staged that truck for a picture with any vintage horses?  With the right backdrop, that would be calendar fodder for sure:handgestures-thumbupright:

Just looking at the pictures of your truck gives me a sense of the kind of American Pride (integrity, hard work, determination, ingenuity) that made this country great. :USA:

The Ponds were busy doing the same thing at that time too!  American legends---thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

stevebo
5 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Stevebo--have you ever staged that truck for a picture with any vintage horses?  With the right backdrop, that would be calendar fodder for sure:handgestures-thumbupright:

Just looking at the pictures of your truck gives me a sense of the kind of American Pride (integrity, hard work, determination, ingenuity) that made this country great. :USA:

The Ponds were busy doing the same thing at that time too!  American legends---thanks for sharing!

There was a meet and greet in Danbury a few months back where we took a group picture with the truck. There is a thread here with pictures somewhere. 

• Like 2

AMC RULES

IMG_5902.JPGIMG_5905.JPG

IMG_6396.JPG

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 5

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat: Those are some great pics of that classic Chevy and horses.  I especially enjoyed that well shot video.  What a fun "horse hauler"!  Makes me want to get that 69 Chev from my uncle and put that thing together for the same purpose.  It would be perfect to haul the 1970 Blackbeard (GT-14)!  

Razkid

You can see a couple of my Model A's in this shot. 1931 Wide Bed PU in front and a 1929 Town Sedan in rear. Sorry for the sideways photo!

1231161346a[1].jpg

Edited by Razkid
  • Like 3

PeacemakerJack

When you get a chance @Razkid even if it is next summer, please take some pics of those and post them here!  I'd love to see more than just the hood:rolleyes:

Razkid

Here ya go Jack...... The picture of my 1931 2 Dr Dlx Phaeton has a friend of mine standing next to it. He had Alzheimer's and has since past on. He carried a Model A picture book around with him quite a bit because he remembered he had owned one. His face lit up when I came to pick him up to go for a ride. He and his future wife dated in the coupe. It had been sitting outside covered by a tarp for about 35 years when I asked his wife if I could get it running for him so he could hear it again. I ended up removing the engine and replacing it with one I had since it was seized solid. Someone else donated some used tires and tubes to turn it into a roller. He had a big grin and started to laugh when he heard it start after all of those years. I didn't have time to get the brakes fixed before he became to ill to go for a ride in it.

IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

• Like 4

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat: those are beautiful machines!  I find it amazing that you created such a special memory by getting your friends car running for him.  I'm sure it meant a lot especially given the disease that he was battling.  Thank you for sharing the pictures and the story.  

Edited by PeacemakerJack
  • Like 2