PeacemakerJack

The Horses Stable Mates

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Great posting idea  thanks for sharing. I have the mrs. Mustang drop top and the Harley dresser. I just moved the HD preparing for our move in a few more months, so the stang and 2 tractors are all that's left in the garage. I have 3 garages rented out with all the other goodies, it's kinda  nice being able to move around in there for a change.  Lol    :lol:

I like the picture of the little guy staring into that chrome bumper, you did a nice job on the Goat. Great history goes with your car...

Glenn

• Like 4

953 nut
6 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

kept company by my cousin Paul's 1980 Bandit TA.  He is stationed in the Sandbox serving our country and I told him I'd look after it for him until he returns next summer.

Please tell Paul we thank him for his service!

• Like 6

Shynon

Thanks @PeacemakerJack Love the Goat, I too had a 69 it was also green, my wife had a 69 Lemans in green. I ended up selling mine due to young growing family. Wife's was later sold for a more family friendly vehicle. Would love to have another, but I have no room. Garage is full of horses and my other ride a 2006 Street Glide. 

nbo067.jpg

• Like 5

T-Mo

Love this thread and all the pictures.  I'm not a Ford guy, nor a Chevy guy, nor a Mopar guy, but I do like them all.  I love the '60s trucks the best, Dodge, Chevy, Ford, Jeep, IH, anything 60s.  The 70s trucks are also cool.  I had two '71 Ford trucks, a '71 F250 Camper Special and a '71 F150.  The F250 had the 300 inline six with automatic and it could haul virtually anything, but it didn't go past any gas stations without wanting to stop.  The F150 had the 302 and it made the family rounds.  I got it in Ft. Leonardwood when I was stationed there and I gave it to my father-in-law who let his brother have it, before my brother-in-law got it in the end.

Craig,

My father-in-law had a early 70s Ford Torino also.  It had, I want to say, a 351 in it.  He also had a '67 Ford F100 with a 390 and 3 speed on the column.  That was a cool truck.

I don't have anything that's cool now, just daily drivers, my '01 Dodge Dakota 4WD Quad Cab with a 4.7 V8 and a '04 Jeep Liberty.  I do have a '87 Toyota truck with close to 300,000 miles on it.  It's a basic truck, no power steering and a 4 speed.  The bed rusted through, so I put a flat bed on it a couple of years back.

010.JPG

011.JPG

• Like 4

WHX??
9 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

I bought it about six months after my wife.

You bought your wife too?!?!? :ychain:

Seriously Josh thank your main man for serving for us and I am here to tell you there is nothing like coming home to your ride after a long overseas deployment. To heck with the pin up girls we used to have pics of our rides taped up in our bunks to remind us of home and it gave us great peace of mind that it was being taken care of. You are going to want your camera charged for the day he comes home to it.

29 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

but I do like them all.

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 2

Dayton Murdock

formation class 2012.jpg

• Like 9

WHX??

Well it is RED anyway!

• Like 3

PeacemakerJack

These are great pics and posts guys--keep em coming.

My cousin Paul is my hero!  He, like most servicemen, doesn't consider himself one.  He fought two tours in the thick of the war '08 and '10.  Has been in multiple squirmishes throughout the globe in spec ops--but "he isn't a hero" because he hasn't had to sacrifice what others have--according to him!  I'll pass along your sentiments to him.  

image.jpeg

He worked with Para while in Basra to create this functional yet commemorative 45 pistol.  I was able to purchase one through him.  I made this shadow box to remind me everyday that he is in harms way on my behalf so I can enjoy that freedom I hold dear!  Then I send up a prayer for his safety.  I'll be sure to record that "reunion" with the Bandit when he gets home!

Jim--that is the very reason I shouldn't be posting from my phone, while laying in my bed, after a long Cmas weekend!  Kelli is a grammar queen so she thought it was hilarious...

Edited by PeacemakerJack
  • Like 6

ClassicTractorProfessor

Here is mine sorry for the pic with the tire off its the only one I have on this phone. We had almost made it home and the right front brake locked up so took it all apart to assess the damage lol. She's an all original 1966 Ford F350 with the 352 and 4-speed, just rolled over 100k original miles when this was taken. She was my brush hauling truck but since I'm getting out of the tree business she now just sits. Plan to eventually restore her and use her for my :wh: hauler as time and finances allow. Also planning on doing away with the steel bed sides and going back with a wooden stake bed. And that's my 1277 that started this whole addiction in the pic as well. And the second pic is my 1980 C30 with the 292 inline 6 and 4-speed, not pretty by any means but she always starts and gets the job done lol.

FB_IMG_1482818222857.jpg

FB_IMG_1482818179652.jpg

• Like 6

PeacemakerJack
9 minutes ago, Professor1990 said:

Plan to eventually restore her and use her for my :wh: hauler 

FB_IMG_1482818222857.jpg

That pic is going to be saved to my phone and my pic library--there is a certain patina to the whole pic!  If it had a different background and the black spot out of the upper left corner, it would be a calendar pic in my book!  Thanks for sharing, I think it would make a GREAT horse hauler!  I hope you are able to accomplish that someday

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor

Thanks glad you like it. That black spot is probably my finger...was still trying to get used to a new phone when I took that

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack

Any more stable mates guys?  I've really enjoyed the cars and trucks and planes that you have shared here!!!

WVHillbilly520H

At a few different times this year a horse or 2  has shared a roof with this 1978 Malibu Classic (with WHEEL HORSE inspired engine paint) hand built 406ci SBC and all kinds of go fast parts front to rear, last pic you can just see the Malibu hiding under its wrapper,Jeff.

IMAG0850.jpg

IMAG0849.jpg

IMAG0633.jpg

78BU13.JPG

IMAG1898.jpg

• Like 7

PeacemakerJack

Jeff---that is what I'm talking about right there:auto-layrubber:!  That thing is sweet.  How long have you owned that awesome Malibu? Those were so popular in the late 80's and early 90's when I was in high school.  I'll always have a special spot in my car psyche for those particular machines.  Like that xi too:text-goodpost:

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

I've owned the Malibu since March 2001, kept through a divorce and nearly sold it but my son kinda talked me into keeping and building it even more...

• Like 1

WHX??

Always enjoy seeing that ride "billy :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

WHX??

Never get tired of seeing that one either Ken!  :handgestures-thumbupright: Not too many pickups you can get a round hood & full size in like that.

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack

Ken--what a sharp truck!  My Uncle Bob had a 1972 K10 manual that was in the exact color.  He bought it in 1974 and used it regularly until 1990 when my cousin rolled it.  Bob still had  enough love for it that it sat behind the shed at his farm until about 5 years ago when he finally parted what could be used and scrapped the rest.  I think that series of GM trucks were some of the finest all around pickups ever made for form and function.  Yours is amazing!  My uncle Ken bought a 1969 C20 in 1974 and still has it.  It was driven in the salt and trash up through the mid 80's and is in pretty rough shape but restorable for sure.  I have toyed with doing that as he has said that he would sell it to me...

image.jpeg

This is what it looks like and where it sits currently in his barn.  Maybe a future stable mate???

• Like 4

Ken B

Got a manual in mine as well... Sounds pretty good with the dual exhaust with Flow masters...

20160122_161914_zpsenxhucps.jpg

• Like 5

T-Mo

I love seeing these old vehicles, especially the older trucks.  I remember when GM introduced that body style like the one Ken has, in 1967.  Ford also came out with it's new body style in '67.

As for the cars, the Malibu Jeff posted about, I remember looking at those in '78 when I was in the Army.  GM had that body style, while Ford came out with the Fairmont in '78.  Chrysler had the Plymouth Volare and the Dodge Aspen.  AMC had the Hornet.  Ford also had the Grenada.  Ford's Fairmount was the chassis used for a lot of Ford cars in the '80s, including the Mustang.  I believe it was called the Fox platform.  The Crown Vic and Grand Marquis also was built off the Fox chassis.  Boy, seeing that Malibu brings back some memories for me, going to the car dealers and just looking around (being in the Army I couldn't afford a new car back then, so it was just window shopping for me).

• Like 2

WHX??

Looks pretty burnished ther from the arm hanging on the door! :ychain:

5 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

especially the older trucks

:text-yeahthat:with a metal dash, strait forward V8 & easy to get at plugs!

• Like 2