Ok guys, now that we are all stuck indoors for the most part, an i recently sold my house and i am between houses, lets see those garages. This thread is not an i spy contest keep those comments to yourself. I want to see your garage/shop and see how you best "use" your space. I am only doing this for space efficient, cool ideas and how big is your space roughly, again NO POINTING OUT STUFF ON SHELVES!

• Like 4

LOL ... good topic Mike:handgestures-thumbupright: & don't worry my shelves are so full of crap & disorganized nobody, not even me can figured outs what's on them! Then again maybe pointing out stuff on shelves might be fun, like what the heck is he keeping that junk for or hey there's that tool I lent him last year... what up with those green & yellow parts?!? So guys don't worry about how messy (or anally clean) your "man space" is ....we've probably seen it all!

Seriously I think what Prondzy  is saying, aside from magic sheds,  is how do you guys fit 10 tons of crap in a 12x12 space! Pics this weekend!

• Like 2

If I posted a photo of my garage, maybe you guys could point out things that I have misplaced or something that is MIA for years!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

this is what I'll be flying back to Indiana to look at

Bob, you do remember how cold the winters are, don't you!       :occasion-snowman:     However, you will be ten hours closer to the "Big Show" and right in the center of    :wh:   country.     :woohoo:

• Like 4

Nice Bob ...do I see a 12" overhead door with a magic shed?!?! Looks like room to have a M & G as well! :teasing-poke:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Bob, you do remember how cold the winters are, don't you!       :occasion-snowman:     However, you will be ten hours closer to the "Big Show" and right in the center of    :wh:   country.     :woohoo:

I sure do remember Richard but it will be great to get back home. :)

7 minutes ago, WHX9 said:

Nice Bob ...do I see a 12" overhead door with a magic shed?!?! Looks like room to have a M & G as well! :teasing-poke:

I think it is Jim. There's an 8' door next to it that you can't see. And yes, plenty of room for a M&G with 10 acres and room to sink those plows in :banana-jumprope:

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 3

Saved for later when I'm on at a computer and not my phone to get pictures 

From the outside (when we first moved):

15575191718_9006852996_b.jpg

15141197523_a5b3537cb3_b.jpg

14 foot ceilings with 12 foot doors.  Roughly 2.5 cars deep and a hair over 2 cars wide.  Has a gas radiant heat tube thing.

Here's my space from above:

31716270511_a403e959b8_k.jpg

What the letters are:

A. 4x4 CNC plasma table

B. Blast cabinet

C. Work bench

D. Moveable powdercoating oven (roughly 28" square outside)

E. Floor cabinets x2 (44"x44"x18")

F. Atlas metal lathe (sits in front of window)

G. Vertical mill

H. Tool chests (two 44" HF boxes and one 18" chest that joins big boxes together)

I. 2 post lift

What I couldn't get in that drawing is the loft.  It hangs over the CNC table, blast cabinet, benches and mill.  It's 6 feet deep and the width of the building.  Loft has two 60 gallon air tanks/compressors, air dryer for air lines, dust collection equipment and storage of stuff.  Mostly tires and car/tractor parts.

Shop is a disaster in this photo (we were painting the walls, but shows the space before I got a bunch more tools moved in).

27764354033_b66c771e52_b.jpg

Benches (that drill press has since been removed):

28097652320_fc8d326df3_b.jpg

Tool box before I got the second one and end storage cabinet.

28097652400_682f1b9a27_b.jpg

Two cabinets (trying to decide where things belonged

27763454954_434e829460_b.jpg

If you have any questions, let me know.

Edited by 82Caddy
Actual content / broken link
  • Like 8

Racinbob,

Like they say in the real estate business........location, location, location.

Let me put it this way..........location?, location?, location?

Looks like the pole building has lots of cubic volume to it.

Square footage? Dimensions of the building?

Once a Hoosier, always a Hoosier.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

Lakeville.

Right in the middle of Wheel Horse stompin' ground.

But Mike ...Bob is moving closer :banana-dance: and he is a good guy, has some nice horses and knows a lot about them and has parts too!! Did I mention he said something about a plow day?? :banana-dance::lol:

• Like 1

No Jim, its not that its bad hes moving closer, the whole thread is to show off the inside of your garage for ideas, not whats on the shelf. This thread turned into shoutbox about moving and buying houses.:think:

• Like 2

Sorry Mike. I certainly didn't intend for that to happen. :)

• Like 3

I wouldn't mind seeing some different Ideas of shelving , cabinets , workbenches,  lighting and maybe even heating devices for the more northern folks.   You'd think  setting up a garage is no big deal.....but almost every time I walk into someones garage/ shop, I spot a good idea or something cool to do...like mounting a flat screen TV..:).

I'm thinking this is the road  Prondzy is trying to lead us down.....by the way, Nice pics Caddy:)

• Like 3

This is my little work/storage area...gotta get some electricity ran to it, then going into insulate and finish it...would help if I had the whole shed lol our roommate has a GoldWing tore down along one end wall and just had to put the landlords new Craftsman mower in there yesterday for the winter, but it's better than nothing. Sure wish I had a place to build an actual shop for all my projects 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 9

9 hours ago, prondzy said:

No Jim, its not that its bad hes moving closer, the whole thread is to show off the inside of your garage for ideas, not whats on the shelf. This thread turned into shoutbox about moving and buying houses.:think:

Well, now that it is clear about the shop ideas and not the shop itself, here is one that might be a good one for our tractors. This is the HFT moorcycle lift that you never hear about. It can have a lot of uses around the shop and for our horses. You can modify it with stirrups to lift the front wheels for cleaning the deck. You can come in from the side [ with the mower removed] to lift a frame to get at the motor mounts. It also makes a very nice adjustable height welding or work table. The price gives you a very nice tool for the money. http://www.harborfreight.com/high-position-motorcycle-lift-99887.html 

I use mine all the time to lift things up and then work at a comfortable height from a folding chair.

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=platform+stool

You can also set the tractor on its wheels on one of these benches using the lift above or build your own . I use a longer version of the illustrated bench, but you get the idea. Lift that project UP and save your knees.

The third idea is a project cart http://sell.lulusoso.com/selling-leads/492521/steel-welded-lumber-cart.html

You can sit a few horses or other projects on these and easily put them back in the corner when finished or waiting for parts. i got lucky at a liquidation sale and picked up three of them [except much better than the one shown] for a hundred. These carts were super heavyweight and have a tare weight of one ton. Make sure that your cart has the center wheels just a bit larger than the end wheels. It will spin on a dime that way. I even have one similar to this one that is very handy despite its appearancehttp://www.livingroompaintideas.net/lumber-cart/modern-antique-railroad-lumber-cart-vintage-factory-by-bvibuffalovintage-home-design-decor-ideas/ 

I know a guy with a motorcycle shop and he is always complaining that his lift is occupied with a torn down bike waiting for parts. If I owned that shop, i would have mobile carts about 24 inches tall for those bikes and shuffle them around the shop like a deck of cards.Sorry for not taking pictures of my shop today, but i am laid up from back strain. nothing serious...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

I will be the first on topic...

Here's my C-105's stall.

IMG_0567.JPG

This is a very nice garage set-up with a nice C-105 taking up residence. I particularly like the hood ornament! :lol: It has tool storage, shelf space and bench space to boot. And it looks "lived in", just the way I like em. Except for my own that I can't park in yet this year. lol There's still time though, hahaha.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

Well, now that it is clear about the shop ideas and not the shop itself, here is one that might be a good one for our tractors. This is the HFT moorcycle lift that you never hear about. It can have a lot of uses around the shop and for our horses. You can modify it with stirrups to lift the front wheels for cleaning the deck. You can come in from the side [ with the mower removed] to lift a frame to get at the motor mounts. It also makes a very nice adjustable height welding or work table. The price gives you a very nice tool for the money. http://www.harborfreight.com/high-position-motorcycle-lift-99887.html 

I use mine all the time to lift things up and then work at a comfortable height from a folding chair.

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=platform+stool

You can also set the tractor on its wheels on one of these benches using the lift above or build your own . I use a longer version of the illustrated bench, but you get the idea. Lift that project UP and save your knees.

The third idea is a project cart http://sell.lulusoso.com/selling-leads/492521/steel-welded-lumber-cart.html

You can sit a few horses or other projects on these and easily put them back in the corner when finished or waiting for parts. i got lucky at a liquidation sale and picked up three of them [except much better than the one shown] for a hundred. These carts were super heavyweight and have a tare weight of one ton. Make sure that your cart has the center wheels just a bit larger than the end wheels. It will spin on a dime that way. I even have one similar to this one that is very handy despite its appearancehttp://www.livingroompaintideas.net/lumber-cart/modern-antique-railroad-lumber-cart-vintage-factory-by-bvibuffalovintage-home-design-decor-ideas/ 

I know a guy with a motorcycle shop and he is always complaining that his lift is occupied with a torn down bike waiting for parts. If I owned that shop, i would have mobile carts about 24 inches tall for those bikes and shuffle them around the shop like a deck of cards.Sorry for not taking pictures of my shop today, but i am laid up from back strain. nothing serious...

The whole point if you read the very first post was to show the inside of YOUR garage. And to share your workspace how you have organized your benches, shelves storage ideas. @Terry M understood the idea. It isnt about what things would be nice its about how you are using your space (the inside).

13 hours ago, Terry M said:

I wouldn't mind seeing some different Ideas of shelving , cabinets , workbenches,  lighting and maybe even heating devices for the more northern folks.   You'd think  setting up a garage is no big deal.....but almost every time I walk into someones garage/ shop, I spot a good idea or something cool to do...like mounting a flat screen TV..:).

I'm thinking this is the road  Prondzy is trying to lead us down.....by the way, Nice pics Caddy:)

I, too, love to visit other peoples shops.  Almost always find some way to rearrange something or another way to place/store a thing.

Garage front01.jpgGarage back01.jpg

Here is my shop..  from the back looking out and looking into the back.  Most of the work happens out front and the rear is largely storage.

Trying to decide which orientation is best for the tractor as once the disassembly begins it is tricky to move.

The tire rack is a bit of an experiment, as is the table on the left in front, both structures are made with 1/2" galvanized pipe.

I think come spring I am going to make an 8' bench with it.  Be a good excuse to buy new tools... ;)

Also, just about everything that can be is on wheels and I can fairly quickly rearrange stuff as I need.

I though when we moved that I wanted a large detached garage, but having this in the basement where I can go tinker in my slippers is pure gold...

Edited by Steve B.
  • Like 7