WHX??

New to Me Mitshubishi

pacer

NICE!! I have a Mitzi just a bit larger, 4wd & FEL ... but I would have preferred that sized one you got. Mine has the deep tread depth lug tires and boyoboy is that thing a bear to steer!

Parts are like WH's and can be hard to find, although I have found that there is some crossover in brands - Yanmar for one on a couple things.

• Like 1

WHX??

Thanks Pacer... for what little seat time I've had it steers pretty good. Front tires are about shot and was maybe thinking  ags ....maybe not then!  .. didn't want to hear about the parts thing tho! :(

Achto
43 minutes ago, WHX9 said:

Nother thing I though was strange as it has rear pto that has three speeds??

OK, 540rpm-common, 1000rpm-common, & what's the third speed? Looks like it could be a handy lil tractor Jim.

• Like 2

WHX??

I've never heard of anything more than 540, PO just dropped off the service manual this morning so will have to look into it Dan.

4 minutes ago, achto said:

Looks like it could be a handy lil tractor Jim.

Yes I'm thinking some forks for moving logs, grab hooks on the bucket, lots of possibilities.

• Like 2

Achto

On farm tractors 1000rpm shafts normally have a finer spline on them. Will be interesting to hear what the speed options are on it. I will have to pick a day to stop by and check that thing out.

For cutting wood a FEL is extremely nice to have. We rarely go out to the woods without taking our Ford 871 along.  

• Like 3

Wishin4a416

Nice looking machine Jim. I have never seen one in this area. Any FEL is worth there there weight in gold to me at my age. Back is shot. Good Luck!!

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

Jim, my old WH dealer also sold the Satoh/Mitsubishi tractors before Mitsubishi was wrangled out of making their own tractors when using their engines in a major US brand (I can't recall this moment) they were/are solid little machines, and Ags and turf tires on different rims were all that was available before R4s, when they came out with 3cylinder versions they had a front mounted rotary mower for them, I believe you'll have yourself a fine little loader tractor there,Jeff.

Screenshot_2016-12-20-15-45-27.png

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Nice score...   :handgestures-thumbsup:

pretty cool little tractor.  

• Like 2

ACman

:text-yeahthat:... a true scut , you should enjoy that tractor . It looks like International/Cup Cadet used Mitsubishi for some there  scut's . That was from tractordata , but it looks like there's places on the net to get new and used parts :thumbs2:

• Like 2

WHX??

It looks like Jeff @WVHillbilly520H hit the nail from with what I read in the manual last nite about the pto. Bonus, it did come with a fairly comprehensive   service manual. But no IPL or operators manual. Not that we can't figure out how to operate it just one of those nice things to have. If you run across those sites @ACman don't be shy about saving me some leg work and post a link here! My research has pretty much come up empty so far but haven't tried real hard.

Did get it into the shop last nite and has a few hydraulic leaks but nothing that can' be repaired. Looks like it has a lever for locking up the rear diff. but haven't figured that out yet. Got some other strange PO stuff goin on that can't quite figure it out. Will probably fix the easy stuff and then have to get our area tractor pro @achto over for some beers & BS to clarify a few things & school me! Sure wish it was power washing weather as it needs a good bath....oh well spring is coming!  You can't even look at it with out getting your hands full of diesel snot....!  Good thing I enjoy getting my hands dirty!

23 hours ago, achto said:

shafts normally have a finer spline on them

by the way Dan book said this has the standard SAE 6 or 8 spline ... don't remember the count.

Achto
32 minutes ago, WHX9 said:

You can't even look at it with out getting your hands full of diesel snot....!

Diesel is my favorite cologne! :D 

34 minutes ago, WHX9 said:

Dan book said this has the standard SAE 6 or 8 spline

Imports some times have their own way of doing things when compared to US manufactured tractors. Some US tractors will have both 540 and 1000rpm shafts exposed for use. On a JD 4020 I know you have to get some wrenches out to switch between the two different shafts, (about a 5min job). If you have the standard SAE 540 shaft it should be fine for most domestic attachments you may acquire for that size tractor. The only 1000RPM implements I've ever used are a forage chopper and a side sling manure spreader.

• Like 1

WHX??

Oh yeah Dan.... dab behind the ears.....that's gonna make ya a chick magnet!!:lol:

• Like 1

Achto

It always gets my wife pretty excited when I come in the house smelling like diesel. I hardly get in the door & she demands that my cloths come off. Works every time!

.......Of course then she says "Put them in the washer and go take a shower!" :ROTF:

• Like 5

WHX??
23 minutes ago, achto said:

and go take a shower!" :ROTF:

alone:ROTF:

• Like 1

Olratlr

I thought you guys would like to see the Satoh Beaver I picked up  about 6 years ago and  restored.

It is almost like your 372 Jim

I wish mine had a FEL though.   4 speed low high tranny Diesel 4 wheel drive

DSCF0026.JPG

• Like 7

WVHillbilly520H

@Olratlr,wonder if you had good pics (along with dimensions) of the "cool" Beaver decals if Terry the vinyl guy could duplicate a set for you? I know dad still has a dealer's brochure somewhere at with the "Beaver", "Stallion", and "Elk" if not more versions of the Satoh line...this size kinda looks like a mix of WH 520H and 4x4 hybrid with snow plow,Jeff.

Screenshot_2016-12-21-15-46-27.png

Screenshot_2016-12-21-15-58-35.png

Screenshot_2016-12-21-15-58-53.png

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 2

WHX??

Yes very similar and VERY nice resto on it!! :handgestures-thumbupright: Muffler style is identical. I have the throttle on the side of the dash and a foot throttle as well. From my limited research so far it appears they were made from '82 to 88?? Mine must be more toward the late models considering the square headlights?? It appears mine did have the ambers on it ...at one time:(

I'm sure Terry could make the correct decals and it sure wouldn't hurt to ask him!

Few things different there Jeff But def. the same base tractor.

And herein lies the problem...you turkeys come along with these nice restos and now I think mine has to look like that and Dan's Cockshutts!!! :no:I have two-stagers to fit up and this is posed to be a working tractor!

• Like 2

WHX??

If anyone is interested in a mower that may fit up to one of these There was supposed to be with it and will be in spring. I have yet to lay eyes on it but have the manual. I believe it is a Woods...does that sound right? Driven off a electric??? front pto.   I got six mowers now and the FEL has to come off to mount it. will prolly never use it and would let it go for a song, a prayer and a 12 pak. :lol:

• Like 1

ACman

I learned something today ... how to post a link :greetings-clappingyellow: here you go @WHX9 says they're the only factory authorized Mitsubishi/Satoh parts dealer in the USA  .

http://www.pittauto.com/default.aspx?page=customer&file=customer/piauel/customerpages/pl_mitsubishi.htm

Edited by ACman
  • Like 1

WHX??

interesting Jeff & thanks...

from that site

They sold their own tractors using the Mitsubishi brand name in the USA in the 1980's. Mitsubishi purchased Satoh in 1980 and marketed many Mitsubishi tractors that were branded Satoh. Finally, Mitsubishi has supplied certain models of tractors to many manufacturers including Cub Cadet, Mahindra, Bolens, International Harvester, and Case.

Was another link ther to Satoh brand  for you history buffs....

• Like 1

wheeliedude

I have been looking high and low for a 4 wheel drive garden tractor. I have seen dozens of brands, mostly Japanese imports from the 70's, 80's and early 90's. I was trying to get info on Gutbrod who built the D-250 for wheel horse, but have yet to find  Gutbrod 2600 DA 4 x 4. I would like to find any brand of 4x4 about 20 HP diesel in need of work, engine blown etc. I live in S.E. MN. and have been trying to find one of these tractors maybe tucked out in the barn, or just sitting in the shed.

The mits you have is very nice. You guys all do a great job of restoring your equipment. I would like mine with a loader, and belly mower. I have looked in just about all the major cities on Craigslist, and tractor auction sites.

WHX??

Hey Wheelie dude, good luck on your search for that compact as they are not easy to find. Yes most older are Japanese imports but now the Chinese have taken over the import market. I see lots of older JD's for sale but they generally want too much for what shape they're in. 20-24 hp is what I had in mine but when one like this falls in your lap you almost have to take it.

I see you are from Owatonna...MN I presume?? We have quite a few members in the Owatonna/Medford area. Hooking up with them at the Pioneer Power show is always a must!

BTW :WRS: