ClassicTractorProfessor

New project idea...a forklift

ClassicTractorProfessor

As y'all probably remember, I recently scored a steal of a deal on a JD 212 a few weeks back, I got her running and have been wondering what I was gonna do with her, was surfing the web this morning and found this. Thinking of building something similar for the Deere, I think it would be a super handy unit to use around the house, shop, maybe even out at the farm 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Professor1990
Forgot the pictures
  • Like 6

953 nut

I know there was a :wh: several years ago posted on :techie-ebay:, as I recall it was rear mounted and operated with hydraulics, Could be someone on here has it.

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor

I saw several that were rear mounted like that. Even saw a few that the drive was reversed and built like an actual forklift. Planning on building mine more like an attachment that can be removed later on if the need arises, and will probably use a small electric winch for the lift due to the cost, my tractor doesn't have factory hydraulics

JAinVA

Forks on any tractor are worth while.I have a Ford 3400 industrial that came with a front loader.The first thing I did to it was take off the bucket and adapt skid steer forks to it.I'm going out now to move some saw logs with it.That machine spends 99 percent of the time with forks on it.JAinVA

• Like 2

russellmc301

somone i know fliped around and it looks somthing like this. i wish i could find a photo. his is a ford without role cage.

2zqvbdc.jpg

• Like 6

ClassicTractorProfessor

That's one of the other pictures I found earlier, lot more money went into that than I could ever afford to budget for a project like this lol

Digger 66

That's cool ! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

cleat

I added this fork attachment to my loader as well.

Just remove the bucket and the forks hook on. All quick attach.

Visibility is the biggest problem as when the forks are lowered, they are mostly blocked by the loader frame and engine hood. Once you pick up even an empty pallet though you can see it just fine.

The Forks are great for moving things around and placing items up on shelving like my 2 stage blower or 48 and 60" mower decks.

Forks 2.JPG

Cleat

• Like 4

Razkid

Here's an inexpensive way to add forks, if you have a loader. I swap these between my Kubota and Cub Cadet. They get used mostly for moving trees, branches and brush to the burn pile. They have come in handy unloading heavy things out of the truck bed also!

IMG_0120.JPG

• Like 3