608KEB

Modification needed!

608KEB

After running the snowthrower this morning. I decided I need to install rubber paddles on the auger. The snowthrower doesn't throw it very far. Where can I find the rubber pads or a piece of thick rubber. Farm n Fleet?  Of course I have to throw a pic of the (ultimate snow machine) in. That's what my son calls it.

IMG_20161217_094157333.jpg

IMG_20161217_094212608.jpg

IMG_20161217_094223413.jpg

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

IDK what "very far" means, but 30' to the side is really good and it also has to do with the snow type and how you keep the blower loaded with ground speed and always run WOT, also the top deflector setting makes a difference with throwing distance, and solid stone guard really helped on my single stage the rubber paddles are really for the 2stage impeller fan to drum, but I think @Ed Kennell did an auger paddle extension on his single stage, but my single did almost as good as (my 2stage 2cd pic) in throwing distance,Jeff.

IMAG0449.jpg

895_1.jpg

• Like 7

squonk

My single stage tall shoot won't throw it over the power lines like a Gravely but I came close! :)

• Like 6

608KEB

It will only through snow about 15 to 18 feet.Been like this since I've  used it. Another member put rubber paddles on his single stage a few years ago and had excellent results.

Edited by 608KEB

ACman

@squonk use your snowblower to blast the neighbors plow guy...make him earn that money :text-lol: !

• Like 2

squonk

Do you have the belt on the outer PTO pulley so it spins faster? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

608KEB
1 hour ago, squonk said:

My single stage tall shoot won't throw it over the power lines like a Gravely but I came close! :)

Man, I wanna throw snow like that!

608KEB
3 hours ago, squonk said:

Yes'em, it's on the outer pulley. Throws snow like a lame duck. Quack quack:blink:

Edited by 608KEB

moe1965

Just a thought. Your pto. Clutch might be slipping. 

Edited by moe1965
Wrong information given
  • Like 1

gwest_ca
6 hours ago, squonk said:

The outer pulley is correct but it is not the fast one.

The belt around the larger pulley and another around the smaller pulley and they both make one turn at the same time. Which one is travelling faster?

I replaced the pulley on my snowthrower to a larger one to slow the auger down. The chute could not handle any more snow and the snow pressure would lift the thrower off the ground. Now it is more geared to the ground speed and not working near as hard. Mind you our snow is usually dry and deep. 8" a day for the last 3 days. Anything less gets pushed to the side with a blade and then blown.

Garry

• Like 3

608KEB

O.k. so bottom  line. Putting some rubber paddles on a single stage snowthrower  isn't going to help?

smoreau

If its worse on the inner pulley, then your belt is on wrong on the tentioner or the clutch is slipping. 

WVHillbilly520H

This is the correct belt routing, and even before I rebuilt this single stage 2 years ago it would throw (depending on snow type) 15' no problem every time (unless very wet or plow banks) to 30' plus it really is the 2stage without the impeller fan to blow it up and out the chute, but because I used it on 1/4 mile long dirt/gravel driveway for years the auger is chewed up and the main auger drive sprocket was shot along with the idlers, I cut the welds and machined another sprocket to fit on the auger and welded it back (they "Toro" say it's not replaceable without buying a new auger) but with that being done all new bearings ,chain ,sprockets and the solid stone deflector it's consistently a 20' + thrower now, so double check ALL of your sprockets and chain tension, that could be where the problem lies,Jeff.

IMAG0437.jpg

IMAG0416.jpg

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
On 12/18/2016 at 7:37 AM, 608KEB said:

O.k. so bottom  line. Putting some rubber paddles on a single stage snowthrower  isn't going to help?

@Ed Kennell ,did it to his single stage...

Screenshot_2016-12-19-16-53-06.png

moe1965

Ed how close is the clearance to the drum of the blower? 

608KEB

Thanks, I'll  put something  like that  on and report back.

MalMac

If it's only going 15-28 ft. Putting rubber paddles in is not going to do much for you. Something else is wrong. Like said before. Could be a host of different variables. If your trying to throw heavy wet snow, then anything over 6 ft is a blessing. If it's dry powder then you got something amiss.

WVHillbilly520H

Here's the solid stone deflector...#19 

Screenshot_2016-12-20-20-05-29.png