Cole J.

My essay

Cole J.

Hey y'all I'm working on an essay for school and I decided to do something with tractors. So I'm comparing the two vintage tractors I have a Charger 10 and a Allis Chalmers 716. I was wondering if anyone could give me information like retail price, the group of people that they were advertized to, info on how Kholer was rated on their cast line. Any other information is welcome as well. Thanks for the help.

CasualObserver

What year Charger?

Here is what they cost in 1972.

1972.JPG

I'd also suggest looking through some of the brochures in here..... from 1968-1972. They're not all here, but there are some.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/category/29-brochures/

• Like 7

Cole J.

It's a '72 thanks for the picture!

953 nut

Cole, here is some other '72 information you may find helpful. It is a word document so you can cut and paste or edit as needed.

1972 Cost Of Living.docx

Retired Wrencher

Richard.  Thanks for the flash back. That really shows how we are paying to much for every thing today and it is even not made in the U.S.A.

• Like 1

953 nut

When I was in my 30s (a long time ago) I took a neighbor who was in his 70s to a car show, while we were there we went to a local ice cream shop for a little refreshment. He commented on the price of a banana split being so high, it was $2.75; he said when he was working in a soda fountain they were 35 cents. I asked what year was that, he replied 1939. I asked, what was the minimum wage at the time, he replied it was 35 cents. So I told him a banana split had not gone up in value at all, it still cost about one hour of minimum wage.

stevasaurus

I'm not sure if you are aware of it or not, but our sister forum (MTF) has a section for Allis Chalmers.  Here is a link...if it works...you may get some information flrom there also.  :)

http://www.mytractorforum.com/16-simplicity-allis-chalmers-forum/

• Like 2