JimD

Caption this threads..

JimD

These caption this threads are merely a form of entertainment. What makes them entertaining are the comments about the pictures. They are not a "best picture" competition. If you don't like these posts and would prefer that I don't post them anymore this is your chance to say so. If you like them you can voice that opinion also. But posting a blown up version of my avatar or a dog with a tennis ball in front of it without a caption does nothing for the thread other than disrupt it. We want to provide content that members like so I thought it only fair to see if you like this content or not. I like other pictures added to the thread with comments and have added my own comments in support of those pictures. So let's hear from you and see where we go from here. :)

• Like 7

WHX??

Love them as long as they keeping with our family orientated  site, in good taste and take advantage of the good natured humor of some of our more cherished members!

• Like 5

953 nut

Jim, I have a real appreciation for the light hearted banter that goes on here and your "Caption This" postings are great. Thanks to our hard working Moderators (you included) any inappropriate comments get quashed rapidly. You can count me as a YES vote for continuing them.

Image result for vote yes

• Like 6

Ed Kennell

Anything that brings a smile to a face is a good thing..... YES, .keep us smiling Jim.

• Like 4

squonk

Those Mangy Varmints! Messing up threads! :angry-nono:

• Like 3

KC9KAS

@JimD Please keep the caption this post coming...It keeps me laughing (most of the time)!

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

@jimd Keep them coming I love the captions . I vote YES

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

I vote yes.

• Like 2

Aldon
6 hours ago, WHX9 said:

Love them as long as they keeping with our family orientated  site, in good taste and take advantage of the good natured humor of some of our more cherished members!

Ditto

• Like 3

rjg854

I'm all for these types of posts  :thumbs:

• Like 3

Digger 66

Here's where being a moderator becomes extremely difficult.

One must be able to encourage  constructive responses while deciding which side of the fine-line some of these posts fall on in a given thread . 

We have a pretty good member base here .

Maybe there are a few sour apples in the bushel , but I'm really not sure as I don't pay that close attention to those details .

Personally , I think the "caption this" threads are a great Idea .

It gives folks a chance to show their imaginations & encourages posts . ( which is what these forums are all about ) . 

• Like 3

prondzy

Love them! 

Everyone needs to Laugh.

Just keep em PG-13.....

For the kids...

• Like 5