edgro

Snow blade experimental modified cutting edge

JC 1965

Great idea, let us know how it works. Thanks for sharing.     :thumbs2:

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:    Please keep us informed with the results.

• Like 1

Tankman

Looks great. Please update post with your "in use" performance. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Looks good. Keep us posted with the results.

Have you tried any rubber or vinyl or UHMW for the uneven sidewalks? 

edgro

Plowed today, So far seems to be working as intended.

With the blade angled, the leading edge is going up and over the uneven sidewalk, rather than catching and flipping the blade down

Have not tried any non-metal edges.

Walt

The city saying they will fix the side walks last year to keep people from tripping where the tree roots have caused them to heave. I have only seen one spot on the east side were I live that Lansing's Public Works has done anything too. All they did was to put asphalt on both sides of were it heaved. Starting last year I put a edge marker in on all 4 corners of were the sections of side walk has raised allowing me to ease up to and lift the blade the blade over obstruction. I also do along gutter in the street since city plows either fail to come through our area or stay 3 to 4 feet from the curb and use markers to show were the trees have pushed the curb to cause same obstruction but from the side.

edgro

Surprisingly enough, BWL had them remove a very large sycamore tree from my corner that was originally causing the sidewalk problem.

Now I have a huge ground level stump that most likely will be there forever.

Someone from the city was out looking at it, and I asked him about all the money spent on replacing perfectly good sidewalks to made them ADA compliant.

The answer was that's all federal money they have no control over.

Anyway, I no longer have to deal with the huge sycamore leaves anymore, so that is good

as far as the modified blade edge, so far it works as intended, and I like it

• Like 4