Steve B.

C-121... what to do

Steve B.

And.. I'm back.  I never really left, been poking around off and on in between.  Some major life changes over the last couple years.

Applied for and got a new trade, I spent a year and a half in Ontario learning to be an Aircraft Structures Tech.

Got posted and moved to Nova Scotia, not too far away but far enough.  Two sons in college now, makes me feel old. :unsure:

Anyway, the old horse has been working like a charm.  I am really in love with the little beast.

Figured it is about time it got some love, so into the shop it goes for the winter...

Before02.jpgBefore01.jpg

I won't lie, I actually like the worn, sun-faded, worked look.  I still haven't decided if I will repaint or just give it a really good "take it apart and clean it".

In any case, the engine will be tore down as it's smoking/leaking a bit.  So new seals and take a close look at the internals.

Some new dancing shoes will be in order, I'm not sure the front ones will even survive being removed from the rims they are cracked/checked that badly.

Anyway, I'm not in a rush.  Don't need it until mowing season which is some months away now in the frozen north...

• Like 8

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:  Looking forward to lots of  :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

Sparky

Nice seat! Whatever you do to it, don't lose that seat.

Mike.....

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Dig the look of them old :wh: work clothes.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 2

Steve B.
On 2016-12-13 at 9:40 PM, Sparky said:

Nice seat! Whatever you do to it, don't lose that seat.

Mike.....

Definitely keeping the seat.. I have no idea what it is off of, I think it is just a generic tractor seat.  It is, however, very comfy..

On 2016-12-13 at 10:07 PM, AMC RULES said:

Dig the look of them old :wh: work clothes.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

Yup, I think just a clean and scuff with some matt clear is all she's getting for now.

Side note, I dropped my mule drive for the mower earlier this summer and broke the adjusting knob on the front.

I had an old wheel that fit the shaft and did the job for the summer, but looks odd.

My youngest son is finishing his first semester in machining at college and was looking for some extra projects.

This is what he made for me in class:

Mule-drive knob.jpg

• Like 8

Sarge

Hopefully the son is going into CNC machining operations - he could start producing them to duplicate the original plastic , do a simple black anodize and put them up for sale ...I'd buy one ..

Sarge

• Like 2

R. L. Addison

Sarge-  Is this a short wheel-base machine? Maybe it's the pictures, but it looks pretty close coupled to me, but maybe not.

Sarge

Huh ???

Sarge