sdhdcouple

1267 axle leaking

sdhdcouple

My 1267 six speed is leaking oil from the left (when looking at the back) axle.  is the axle lubed with the same oil as the transmission and axle.   Is the only fill there on the left side of the rear end?  I need to fix this so if anyone has a diagram of this rear axle i would appreciate it.

thanks

Ric

Coadster32

Sounds to me like your axle or brake seal might be compromised on the left side. If you take off the hub, you can swap either/both without dissasembley of the rear. Yes, the tranny oil is filled from that hole only. Just tip your tractor a bit to the other side, so none of it spills out on you. You should be able to pick out the seals. Napa or Kaman has the seals. You can go by sizes. I beleive the brake and axle are both 1"ID x 1.25"OD. (Don't quote me on this...it's been more than a few years). Just for ha-has...check for bearing play as well when the seal comes out. (Some times the outer bearings go bad on the axle, causing the seal to let go.) A new seal should get you thru the winter if that is the case. If it's on your brake axle replace it sooner than later, as you'll loose your brakes and have to re-line it down the road. Good luck.

• Like 2

gwest_ca

This should be the parts list for your transmission

Pinned at the top of the first transmission topic forum are lists that convert the original part numbers to SKF/Chicago Rawhide part numbers.

Garry

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Axle seals for your trans...1 1/8" axles...seal is SKF # 11050

Brake shaft seal is .....1" shaft......SKF # 7410  :)

• Like 1

sdhdcouple

Thanks a lot you guys