jeff w

C-81 Trunion/snow plow attachment

jeff w

Does anyone have a photo of the Trunion & where the downforce bar on my plow attaches? I have the extra bar (12") for down force, but not finding success. Appears to be binding on lower end w/lift bar. Blade not dropping fully. Thanks.

pfrederi

Does this help?

plow.JPG

• Like 1

jeff w

PFrederi, thank you kindly for your response! I had found this visual diagram last night. Last year when I mounted I left the lift bar on and I had no issues. This year blade would not drop fully, (+) severe binding w/lift rod & one ft down pressure bar. I tried flipping 12" bar 180° etc but not any success. Have decided to raise lift rod and anchor out of range of down pressure bar if I can? Will try to anchor bar in farthest end of bellcrank (?). I'm in snowbelt area and this blade has saved me an enormous  amount of hard labor w/my 26" steel snowscoop. Lastly, is it best to fasten lift rod up out of way, or remove it? Removal looked complex, but maybe it isnt?

obone

Jeff if I may add a question to yours. If someone uses the 12" down pressure bar does the chain and smaller bar come out? The ones that make the blade float?

jeff w

Obone--->thanks for the question. I have heard that you can use both setups simultaneously, but, I think there's more chance of binding etc. Probably best to remove lift bar ( or raise & anchor out of way) and go w/just 12" down pressure bar. I'll let you know how I come out w/this method.

• Like 1

pfrederi
43 minutes ago, jeff w said:

PFrederi, thank you kindly for your response! I had found this visual diagram last night. Last year when I mounted I left the lift bar on and I had no issues. This year blade would not drop fully, (+) severe binding w/lift rod & one ft down pressure bar. I tried flipping 12" bar 180° etc but not any success. Have decided to raise lift rod and anchor out of range of down pressure bar if I can? Will try to anchor bar in farthest end of bellcrank (?). I'm in snowbelt area and this blade has saved me an enormous  amount of hard labor w/my 26" steel snowscoop. Lastly, is it best to fasten lift rod up out of way, or remove it? Removal looked complex, but maybe it isnt?

I would wire it up out of the way.  There are if I recall correctly a couple of E clips to contend with and bushings that you have to get out and save if you remove it.  To cold to lie on the floor and do that now.