RedPaul

Been lurking Time for Introductions

RedPaul

Good Snowy morning!   Lurking newbie to the forum.

I know Redpaul does not seem very original for a moniker but I come by it honestly.  I live in Redford Michigan,  I drive a Red Ford Pick-up, I went to college at the University of Nebraska (Go Big Red), and most important I have 3 red horses.  Also you may have guessed that my favorite color is red.  You're wrong its purple, but I'm not perfect.

I proudly own and spend happy seat time on an Onan powered 416 with a 48" SD deck. The sound of this tractor almost brings me the same response as the sound of my '69 Firebird 400 did back in 1983 BM (Before Marriage).  I also have a plow blade which is going to work on the first few inches of snow in about an hour.  I own, and hide under a tarp, a complete but trashed C101 with an RD deck, and a 12-38 XL with a frozen engine.  I am going to rebuild the 12-38 for my grandson and grand daughters. By the time it's done they will be old enough to drive it.  The C101 is for my wife so she could help mow and maintain 1.75 acres of grass and trees (Yeah right!) She said I can keep the old "lawn mowers" for myself. She is another work in process.

I have very much enjoyed the information that is offered here.  I know as I get into my project horses I can count on expert help and I hope I can start adding insight for others with the same developing or well developed addiction. 

I will post pictures but I am having problems rounding up the herd into one spot.  I have a Catahoula Cur (AKA Catahoula Leopard Dog)  which is a breed used for herding hogs. I guess that hogs are all they will herd as he is scared to death of my horses and no help at all.

Now to my first question: Has anyone had any luck straightening out the ribbed section of a 400 series hood? Previous owner like to get drunk and show off his expensive toy, however; do to severe whiskey-vision he had a tendency to run into trees, bushes, his deck... pretty much anything that couldn't run away. (According to his ex wife who sold me the machine)

Question #2:  I need an idea for a cup holder for the 416.  Obviously WH did not ask for guidance from the Doge Van guys (9 cup holders +) when figuring out the operator ergonomic niceties.  I need a place for a cold adult beverage in the summer and an Irish coffee in the winter.   Oh wait 20140209_211741.jpg..... whiskey vision, white out conditions, mailbox post.... :wacko:

• Like 5

varosd

Welcome aboard!

any pictures of the hood that needs fixing.  folks who are the body experts will chime in.

before the end of the Toro/Wheel Horse tractors there was a fender mounted cup holder.  others who have it will also chime in.  pretty sure there is a owners manual for it under the    manual section.

any pic's of your tractors?

of course Firebird pic's would be cool

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Welcome

• Like 1

BrianK

:text-welcomeconfetti: 

• Like 1

elliot ness

:text-welcomeconfetti:

AMC RULES

:teasing-lurk:

:WRS:

Texas Todd

Welcome Aboard! Great place to piddle on a cold day!

Digger 66

Howdy RP ! 

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:  Paul.     You might try an ad in the wanted section.  Might find a new hood or sale.

ACman

Welcome ! On my old RanchKing I used a can coozie,fender washer, and a pan head screw to secure it to the fender . 

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

To answer your beverage of choice cup holder question yes you can still get them new, this is from partstree but use the Toro part # to see if you can find it cheaper (#15 in the listing/drawing),Jeff.

Screenshot_2016-12-11-21-01-44.png

To answer your beverage of choice cup holder question yes you can still get them new, this is from partstree but use the Toro part # to see if you can find it cheaper (#15 in the listing/drawing),Jeff.

• Like 1

JimD

Welcome!

JC 1965

Hello and  :WRS:

TDF5G

:WRS:

WVHillbilly520H
On 12/11/2016 at 11:34 AM, RedPaul said:

Question #2:  I need an idea for a cup holder for the 416.  Obviously WH did not ask for guidance from the Doge Van guys (9 cup holders +) when figuring out the operator ergonomic niceties.  I need a place for a cold adult beverage in the summer and an Irish coffee in the winter. 

Well not 9 but at least one like this,Jeff.

00l0l_5M0Cv5uvG5i_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

roadapples

You`re gonna` fit right in here...      :WRS:

Edited by roadapples
  • Like 2

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

00l0l_5M0Cv5uvG5i_600x450.jpg 

?????  Hey Jeff, does this plate display meet all the requirements  down there in the "Hillbilly" ?  :ychain:

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

@Ed Kennell ,it's not my tractor :text-imsorry: but if you look closely at the picture it's a heat/exhaust deflector because of a bad muffler, but hey it may need the correct night time lighting to pass inspection :ROTF:...:banana-explosion:,Jeff.

Ed Kennell

Yeah, those old plates come in handy from patching rat holes in grain bins to making roofs for bird houses.

• Like 2

RedPaul

Hillbilly thanks for the part #. I live about 15 minutes from the local Toro dealer.  I will have to pay him a visit

• Like 1

jay bee

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

Jim