Deadguy

Who's out in the snow today?

608KEB

Ran the snowthrower  this morning.  We had about 4". It started to snow again. Ran my 520H with a 48" plow for the first time. I was having a blast until l I ran out of gas. I filled it up. The 520 ran great for about 5-10 minutes. It started dying  and cutting out. I guess I'll  be cleaning the carburetor  in the morning. :laughing-rofl:

IMG_20161217_094212608.jpg

20161217_194645.jpg

Edited by 608KEB
  • Like 6

pfrederi

running out of gas is sure way to get all eh sludge out of the bottom of your tank:P Better change your filter while you are at it.

• Like 1

608KEB
8 hours ago, pfrederi said:

running out of gas is sure way to get all eh sludge out of the bottom of your tank:P Better change your filter while you are at it.

Copy That! I cleaned the carburetor first. Ran great for 10 minutes. Died again. I drained the fuel with a strainer (a T shirt). New filter, fresh fuel, cleaned the bottom  of the tank with a gun cleaner rod and pads. I'll see how it goes tomorrow. First time using the 520H with the 48" plow. Loved it. Didn't put the chains on yet. Wow can they push snow. Better than my B-80 with a 42" blade. But in all fairness I didn't have any weights  on the B-80. 

Edited by 608KEB
  • Like 2

Fun Engineer

Had the 603 out tonght for a little snow plowing fun. Intended to plow two weeks ago but had to replace the head gasket, install a new fuel bowl and filter, fabricate a new choke cable and repair some steering parts before I could play.  Did pretty well with no weight or chains. 

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:   Humm...no picts...

did it really happen?  :think:

• Like 1

TDF5G

We only got about an inch and a half here on Saturday, northeast of Kansas City.  Not enough to have any real fun. :(  I did clean off in front of the garage door a little to prevent refreezing and ice.  

• Like 1

T-Mo

@608KEB, I moved the posts regarding your fuel related issues into a new thread in the "Engines" section.  You can find it here:

608KEB

Cleared snow at the Tin Can today. 1974 B-100 Automatic.  Ran great, no fuel issues!

IMG_20161221_114310729_HDR.jpg

IMG_20161221_114323069_HDR.jpg

IMG_20161221_114331669.jpg

• Like 7

T-Mo
22 minutes ago, 608KEB said:

Cleared snow at the Tin Can today. 1974 B-100 Automatic.  Ran great, no fuel issues!

IMG_20161221_114310729_HDR.jpg

IMG_20161221_114323069_HDR.jpg

IMG_20161221_114331669.jpg

There is something about the color red in a white back drop.......I like it.:text-coolphotos:

• Like 7

c-series don

That my friends is a beautiful B-100 ! 

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Kinda looks cool without the hood...

:twocents-02cents:

• Like 2

Fun Engineer

Play time with the 211-5 😎

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 5

Terry M

You look like a kid having fun, Dave .:handgestures-thumbupright:     

• Like 2

Deadguy

The snow team warming up after an evening's work.

IMG_0717.JPG

• Like 4

WHX??
On 12/17/2016 at 10:39 PM, 608KEB said:

Ran the snowthrower  this morning.  We had about 4". It started to snow again. Ran my 520H with a 48" plow for the first time. I was having a blast until l I ran out of gas. I filled it up. The 520 ran great for about 5-10 minutes. It started dying  and cutting out. I guess I'll  be cleaning the carburetor  in the morning. :laughing-rofl:

IMG_20161217_094212608.jpg

20161217_194645.jpg

Hey 608 @608KEB I got a stupid question but what is that round bump out on the left front side of your cab for? Reminds me of a spare tire cover...mine doesn't have that?

• Like 2

608KEB
2 hours ago, WHX9 said:

Hey 608 @608KEB I got a stupid question but what is that round bump out on the left front side of your cab for? Reminds me of a spare tire cover...mine doesn't have that?

It's for a manual lift lever. For a plow.

• Like 1

WHX??

Gotcha now we blow here :huh: :lol:

608KEB
On 12/21/2016 at 7:46 PM, c-series don said:

That my friends is a beautiful B-100 ! 

It's my favorite  to run. But the 520H is more practical.  I'm  the 3rd owner. The paint is original including  the rims.Except the hood and the left foot board. I added the lights, hour meter and seat

Walt

Got bored today so I decided to swap snow thrower for blade and play for couple of hours or so. The 1st 3 pics are of the 3 drive ways (1st mine, 2nd my kids, 3rd a neighbors) I clear that my Briggs powered tractor has no problem running the snow thrower and climbing the grade. The 4th and 5th are of where I pushed snow farther out at the kids for more room to push if needed. The 6th and 7th are of a parking spot I keep cleared by my side lot in-case there's heavy snow and the kids can't climb their drive. The balance are of my side lot that I drive through and park in during winter to keep snow from being packed down and turning to ice on my drive. All the different paths I'd taken across it so far this winter was making the drive across it interesting. ;)  

IMG_0874.JPG

IMG_0872.JPG

IMG_0873.JPG

IMG_0870.JPG

IMG_0871.JPG

IMG_0868.JPG

IMG_0869.JPG

IMG_0875.JPG

IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_0865.JPG

IMG_0866.JPG

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

Finally got the "big" snow last night.....a coating of ice, then two inches of the fluffy stuff.    Not much of a test, but a fun morning on the 312H clearing 6 paved driveways and the stone road.IMG_6856.JPGIMG_6857.JPGIMG_6858.JPGIMG_6859.JPGIMG_6860.JPGIMG_6861.JPG 

The foot controlled hydro and the rubber chains are the BOMB.

• Like 7

cleat

All of mine are now foot control.

I would not like to go back now.

They work great and I believe they are even safer to operate.

• Like 1

vmen84
On 12/11/2016 at 4:37 PM, Ed Kennell said:

Not me Jeff.....I use real butter.

IMG_4138.JPG

It also works well on the boat trailer bunks.   

IMG_4197.JPG

if I may ask where did you get your muffler stack?

These pictures are making me jealous lol there hasn't even been enough to plow where i live I'm anxiously waiting

Ed Kennell

My apology to @Deadguy for these :text-offtopic: pics showing up on his snow topic.     @vmen84 the stack was made from a damaged  pick-up bed rail.

Raptor Truck Bed Rails

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
40 minutes ago, cleat said:

All of mine are now foot control.

I would not like to go back now.

They work great and I believe they are even safer to operate.

:text-yeahthat:   Same here Cleat.

The foot control hydro was invaluable when hundreds of F/R direction and blower  elevation changes were required to work through  the 36" snowfall  with 5' drifts that we had last winter.

They also come in handy when back dragging snow away from garage doors with a plow.

The hydro lift and foot control has also speeded up my mowing around my trees where many speed and direction changes and deck lifts to clear the roots are required.