Deadguy

Who's out in the snow today?

squonk
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

Not me Jeff.....I use real butter.

IMG_4138.JPG

It also works well on the boat trailer bunks.   

IMG_4197.JPG

Ed Dog with the low cholesteral snow blower spray! :)

• Like 2

Terry M
8 hours ago, Deadguy said:

My Lawn Ranger is! Anyone else?

IMG_0643.JPG

A Lawn Ranger with a Snow Blower.....How Cool is that!!!!:)

• Like 4

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: We want an "in action" video.  :wwp:

• Like 2

prondzy
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Not me Jeff.....I use real butter.

IMG_4138.JPG

It also works well on the boat trailer bunks.   

IMG_4197.JPG

Is this so the fish taste buttery when they hit the pan??:ychain:

• Like 2

Deadguy
42 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:text-yeahthat: We want an "in action" video.  :wwp:

I would love to be able to post (or even watch) videos, but our internet service has data caps.  That is a trade off of life in the north woods!

Deadguy
2 hours ago, Terry M said:

A Lawn Ranger with a Snow Blower.....How Cool is that!!!!:)

And with loaded ag tires, weights, and 2 link chains, it is unstoppable in the snow!

• Like 2

Gracie's Dad

Walt...u must have gotten more of the lake effect, over here by flint it was nice and dry powder. The blower on the 312 at mom's didn't even think of clogging, and the blade on my c-105 pushed twice today and it was nothing but powder. Still coming down though, maybe some of that wet stuff is on it way.

Bttatro

I had about 8 inches of the fluffy stuff.  went to get on my C141 and remembered I had moved the key from the ignition as the kids had been messing with it.   NO freaking idea where the safe place was that I put it!  Luckily I picked up a FREE MTD snowflite 8-26 that needs work and it turns out the key for that starts my c141 too!  

All in all a great day on the horse. Blew my driveway and my neighbors, then mine again after the plow came through.   Praying for more!

Sarge

Headed out here shortly - did a bit last nite and promptly lost the prototype skid shoe I made....need to remember that in the spring .

The big D is performing far better than expected and the blade is definitely more aggressive than the smaller models . I suppose a lot has to do with the added weight from repairing the frame on it and the whole new head assembly .

Sarge

Pollack Pete

I went out with my 416 H and single stage tall chute.Thought I had got everything ready yesterday.I forgot to adjust the shoes on the blower for my stone driveway.One pass to the road and I figured that out quickly.Back in the garage for shoe adjustment.Throwing a lot less stones.Almost was done and I couldn't raise the blower.Lift tube fell off on the blower end.Looks like a previous owner put it on with no flat washer and a too small cotter pin.5/8 in flat washer and a 5/32 by 2 inch cotter pin and I was back to work.Thankfully,that was my only breakdown so far today.

• Like 1

Hardtop

I spent 5hrs or so out with the 312. 5 driveways later and it was time for bed. Lucky for me I have one neighbor that's not elderly and has acces to my horse. He will be out on it shortly ...I guaranty !

Edited by Hardtop
  • Like 2

Ed Kennell

:sad-bored:  No snow here....My team has cabin fever.

• Like 1

SPINJIM
15 hours ago, BOB ELLISON said:

I just got done pushing snow and my C160 is a monster . The snow doesn't even slow it down. But with chain's and rear tires filled with rv antifreeze it did spin a little when it started to peel grass and dirt. I've  got to  learn to raise the blade more often . I'll just add the wheel weights on . I did notice that when I tilt the plow to left or right the trailing edge would dig in to dirt or gravel more then front.

20160920_141652.jpg

Are you using a SOLID link to raise and lower the plow?   The solid link applies downward pressure, which is good for pushing dirt, but causes the plow to dig in to the driveway when plowing snow.    I just put a plow on my 1076 for the first time.   I decided to use a chain to link the plow to the lever to raise the plow.   I'm hoping that it will allow the plow to float over high spots in my driveway.    I haven't tried it yet, so  time will tell.  Expecting snow next weekend,so I guess I'll find out.  Just wondered what your setup is.   

Also, you might try loosening the pivot bolt where the blade pivots on the "A" frame.   That might put a little 'play' in the blade so that it doesn't dig in at the trailing edge.

• Like 1

grine_22

Got the 310-8 I haven't put the plow on yet. Its not necessary we have 2 case backhoes to push snow but it will be fun to get the :wh: out and play. 

Digger 66
On 12/11/2016 at 2:48 PM, Hacksawhero123 said:

The cold kills my joints. 

This was even a little cold for me . 

Minus 11 . 

But serene , peaceful & beautiful .....

IMG_20150128_092628_920_zpshncna4j6.jpg

• Like 4

Kurt-NEPA

I got a little seat time this morning - 4 inches of wet snow, about half of that on driveway.  Wow that light bar is bright!

3.jpg

• Like 8

fast88pu

I was out at 6am clearing the 5" we got with my 314-8 and Nos tall chute blower. Sorry the picture quality sucks. I was in the cab and It was raining

IMG_20161212_062940.jpg

IMG_20161212_063003.jpg

IMG_20161212_063012.jpg

• Like 3

Kurt-NEPA

Wow fast - your cab just earned its keep.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I need an umbrella, snow last night changed to rain all morning. Oh well.  

Glenn

Hey Kurt, that light is bright. Wow.

fast88pu

I also made heat for the cab that blows in off of the engine and muffler. It keeps you toasty too. 

IMG-20160104-00258.jpg

• Like 6

BOB ELLISON
9 hours ago, SPINJIM said:

Are you using a SOLID link to raise and lower the plow?   The solid link applies downward pressure, which is good for pushing dirt, but causes the plow to dig in to the driveway when plowing snow.    I just put a plow on my 1076 for the first time.   I decided to use a chain to link the plow to the lever to raise the plow.   I'm hoping that it will allow the plow to float over high spots in my driveway.    I haven't tried it yet, so  time will tell.  Expecting snow next weekend,so I guess I'll find out.  Just wondered what your setup is.   

Also, you might try loosening the pivot bolt where the blade pivots on the "A" frame.   That might put a little 'play' in the blade so that it doesn't dig in at the trailing edge.

SpinJim it is set up on a chain and not bar. No down pressure but I never thought of loosening  pivot  bolts. This snow is wet and heavy so it packs as I drive on it which leaves high spots .the blade digs in coming off high to low.

But the c160 doesn't care if it's wet it just rolls it like a tank.

Reel Mower Freak

Gave mine a good test today. Worked pretty well. Miss the hydro I have on my C141 but the old Raider did okay. Glad I have the electric lift. Worked great. Hit a big metal weight from the JD zero turn which the auger didn't like very much. My fault for leaving it out. OOPS.

Sarge
14 hours ago, fast88pu said:

I also made heat for the cab that blows in off of the engine and muffler. It keeps you toasty too. 

IMG-20160104-00258.jpg

Good idea for heat into the cab , but you really have to make sure that muffler has zero leaks . Even then , it could easily push some of those exhaust fumes into the cab and you'd never know it - carbon monoxide is a really bad deal ...friend of mine is about half brain dead from a bad incident with a furnace .

Still can't decide if I want a cab or not - there is one right now to fit the D but I don't have a blower for it anyway - just would like to not be out in the cold and high winds we get here with snow storms....arthritis sucks .

Sarge

fast88pu

It used the air blowing over the head to blow into the cab so their is always fresh volume of air blowing in and I also did this on top of the cab on the back. It also helps the windows not fog up. 

IMG-20150920-00156.jpg

• Like 1

Sarge

Good idea , flow through ventilation helps remove the moisture - best trick for soft top 4X4's we've used for years . There are pretty cheap CO meters available , not a bad thing to own even for around the home - just another useful tool and a reason to get one , lol...

Sarge