Deadguy

Who's out in the snow today?

elliot ness

Mean looking :woohoo: ranger. Hope you keep the white stuff up there.

• Like 2

Digger 66

Just a trace near me , BUT .... less than 5 miles to the south ( my snowmobiling territory ) they have got nearly 2 feet in the last 3 days .

Trails open Dec 21st if everything's froze-up . ..... I'm chompin' at the bit after last years dismal 96 mile season :(

• Like 2

RedPaul

Will be out in a bit.  looks like about 2" on the ground and there is 4 to 8 coming.  :woohoo:

• Like 2

Reel Mower Freak

I was out blowing snow yesterday and will need to do it again tonight. Snowing pretty good here.

• Like 3

prondzy

prondzy.jpg

I had to shovel:occasion-snowman::no::no:

We sold our house and close this friday, i needed to get in and the horses are all packed away. 

• Like 4

Hacksawhero123

I feel for you guys in the winter. Hopefully you all have some sympathy for us down here when we roast in the summer 

• Like 1

varosd

well we did get a dusting. :occasion-santa:

already to go but nothing to do but wait

IMG_0613_zpsp2ggagdu.jpg

• Like 2

Digger 66
1 hour ago, Hacksawhero123 said:

I feel for you guys in the winter.

Why ???

If I didn't LOVE winter sports & having 4 seasons .... I'd move .

It sounds like you pity us for living here .   cheers-1.gif

balls_zpskcuvyewc.png

Edited by Digger 66
  • Like 5

gt4

Sort of. Just waiting for a big dump this evening and through the night. So that means they'll be calling about 3:00am. So i thought i would nip down to the coffee shop,read the paper,and cruise on back.

20160130_121557.mp4

20160130_121519.mp4

Deadguy
2 hours ago, Hacksawhero123 said:

I feel for you guys in the winter. Hopefully you all have some sympathy for us down here when we roast in the summer 

What are you talking about? :wh: love to play in the snow!  See?

IMG_0644.JPG

• Like 5

Hacksawhero123

You guys are tougher than I. The cold kills my joints. 

• Like 1

Stormin

A few years back I built a snowplough/dozer blade. Not snowed here since. :rolleyes:

squonk

Build a snow cab and see what happens! :)

• Like 2

Walt

I was out for a couple of hours cleared 4 driveways 3 of them were hills 4th is joint drive so no where to throw snow but in front of ya. I also cleared 5 to 6 feet of roadway on each side of the street by the curb since city plow drivers seem to be scared of getting to close to it. I only got to do the sidewalk in front of 2 of the houses because my oldest grand kids wanted to run my Troybilt snow thrower. She got rest of the side walks, 1 drive at the house where my mom lived till last month and a parking space on other side of vacant lot next to my house. Had 5+ inches of snow and my Briggs powered tractor had no problems running the thrower and climbing the grades. The thrower I modified sounded sweet no squealing or chain noise dam near sounded like giant fan running. Will say snow was a little wet it loaded up in the shoot a few times next year I may have to clean and repaint it to make inside as slick as possible. And since it is still snowing and the weather service is calling for up to 10" my tomorrow morning when this storm is supposed to pass I get to do it all again tomorrow. :)  

• Like 3

Reel Mower Freak
1 hour ago, Digger 66 said:

Why ???

If I didn't LOVE winter sports & having 4 seasons .... I'd move .

It sounds like you pity us for living here .   cheers-1.gif

balls_zpskcuvyewc.png

What he said. Soon Gene,soon.

• Like 2

Digger 66
5 minutes ago, Reel Mower Freak said:

What he said. Soon Gene,soon.

BTW , that's D-Balls from Doo-Talk on my right .

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
15 minutes ago, Walt said:

The thrower I modified sounded sweet no squealing or chain noise dam near sounded like giant fan running. Will say snow was a little wet it loaded up in the shoot a few times next year I may have to clean and repaint it to make inside as slick as possible. And since it is still snowing and the weather service is calling for up to 10" my tomorrow morning when this storm is supposed to pass I get to do it all again tomorrow. :)  

Try this stuff from HD or Lowe's I use it on my throwers/blowers,Jeff.

1481488411976.jpg

• Like 6

Walt
Just now, WVHillbilly520H said:

1481488411976.jpg

Thanks I told my daughter I would get up and use my truck to get her to work by 6:30 tomorrow morning ( she hates driving in heavy snow ) so after I play in the snow I'll go pick some up and try it out.

• Like 2

ACman

Not this guy ...the wife and I took the daughter to UofM hospital for an appointment the other day and haven't felt good since... :rant2: I hate hospitals !

1 hour ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

1481488411976.jpg

Was it @Ed Kennell that said he keeps a can of Pam in his cab on his tractor ?

• Like 2

cleat

None here yet but i am sure it is coming.

I am ready with a 520 and 2 stage, a 520 with blade and a 30HP diesel with 72" 2 stage and front end loader.

• Like 2

Wishin4a416

Nice setup. Only a dusting here. Lots more to the North.

• Like 1

fast88pu

This was my doo today.  Giving he a fresh top end rebuild

IMG_20161211_131525.jpg

• Like 3

BOB ELLISON

I just got done pushing snow and my C160 is a monster . The snow doesn't even slow it down. But with chain's and rear tires filled with rv antifreeze it did spin a little when it started to peel grass and dirt. I've  got to  learn to raise the blade more often . I'll just add the wheel weights on . I did notice that when I tilt the plow to left or right the trailing edge would dig in to dirt or gravel more then front.

20160920_141652.jpg

• Like 3