classicdmax

HELP w/blade control rod

classicdmax

i recently purchased a 48" snow/dozer blade, and upon installation i realize i am missing something. i do not know the model number of blade however i printed, and am using install manual for #79350. i am in search of what the manual is referring to as the blade control rod. i tried contacting the seller and we are playing phone tag, so not sure if he has it or not. in the event he does not i will assume i can make this piece as long as i have the appropriate measurements......so can anyone provide on center measurements of said rod? i also assume it is 1/2" bar stock? i do not have the tractor with me as it is at my mothers for i was moving firewood today, but i may recall the bends in rod oppose each other by 90deg?

benji756

Are you refering to the lever that angles the blade or the rod that hooks the lever to the blade?

Walt

Don't know if it is the same on the 42 and 48 inch models but in t-mo's got a plow blade thread some where about page 6 in implements there is measurements for the one for 42". Otherwise if you tighten the lever that it connects to so it will stay straight up and down(this will keep it from hitting you in the head ;) ) you could measure from center to center if blade is on center to get a length.

• Like 1

classicdmax

yes, the rod that connects the lever to blade

classicdmax
24 minutes ago, Walt said:

Don't know if it is the same on the 42 and 48 inch models but in t-mo's got a plow blade thread some where about page 6 in implements there is measurements for the one for 42". Otherwise if you tighten the lever that it connects to so it will stay straight up and down(this will keep it from hitting you in the head ;) ) you could measure from center to center if blade is on center to get a length.

i didnt see anything on or around page 6....perhaps too many captain morgan drinks

ill try again tomorrow

Walt
3 minutes ago, classicdmax said:

i didnt see anything on or around page 6....perhaps too many captain morgan drinks

ill try again tomorrow

Not sure when it moved back up the list but I found it on page one this is thread 

Should be around bottom of page 1 or top of page 2 of this thread.

Ed Kennell

IMG_0789.JPG  C-C is 32 5/16 on your pic Walt.

benji756

the one on my c-81 is made from a piece of 1/4" rod and works fine