briankd

brinly attatchments

briankd

ran across 3 brinly attachments  that was used on a 1974 c-160 they are a clevis hitch disk , cultivator , 10" garden plow . they are in excellent shape with all original paint and decals wasn't used that much. probably mid 70's models. what would these 3 pieces be worth? the garden plow would go 180 bucks but he wouldn't give me a price to buy them. oh he told he he had that c-160 on trailer and didn't even get it unloaded at his place and someone drove by and seen it and bought it right there off the trailer. hell that's the tractor I been lookin for but guess  I wasn't there at the right time.

MalMac

Well I'll take a stab at this since you been left hanging here. The plow and the cultivator are readily available. What you should pay for them should not be all that much. The disc if it's of the older style with angle iron frame are out there but not as much as you see the plows. They are more sought after because they are of better quality than what brinly puts out now. If it's in good shape they can demand a substantial higher amount then the other two attachments. I have seen the disc go for 50-60 for junk and as high as 200 for like new condition. The prices seem to be all over the place. Condition and availability really play into this.

• Like 1

briankd

well just bought all 3 pieces for 300 bucks hope I did good :wacko: each piece also comes with all original owners manuals. I'm going to repaint them all WH red and  maybe throw some WH decals on them

20161212_150218.jpg

Edited by briankd
  • Like 1

CasualObserver

@briankd  You did well on price, nice package deal.  Paint them red if you want, but they're worth more in white (especially with the good original decals on them) and white is not incorrect for use with a Wheel Horse either. Wheel Horse had some in red, but they were mostly the slot hitch implements, not the clevis ones. I know I've never seen that disc in red originally.

• Like 2

Terry M

I have the same Brinley disc in original WH Red.....I thought it may even have the the Wheel Horse Tag on it .     Best pic I have of it ,unfortunately....

P7270635.JPG

• Like 1

briankd

well

1 hour ago, CasualObserver said:

Paint them red if you want, but they're worth more in white (especially with the good original decals on them) and white is not incorrect for use with a Wheel Horse either.

well maybe I'll keep them white then. what  shade of white did brinly use ? paint them same white WH uses?

953 nut

:text-merryxmas:         Got yourself  some nice toys to put under the tree!       :occasion-gift:

briankd
5 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Got yourself  some nice toys to put under the tree

yepper can't wait till spring to go out and play in the dirt

• Like 1

MalMac

I think they were painted just regular ol white from the factory.

CasualObserver
17 hours ago, briankd said:

well maybe I'll keep them white then. what  shade of white did brinly use ? paint them same white WH uses?

I haven't tried to match it directly, but it's a shade or few toward almond than International White (IH 935 I think)  I have an NOS slot to sleeve hitch adapter that I compared to an attachment that I just blasted and painted using the IH White. When I put them next to each other it's just a bit off. Not really noticeable from more than a few feet. Sometime I'll see if I can get that on camera... but it's hard to get that kind of color variation to show up. I also think the NOS adapter could be a little yellowed with age... never know with 40 year old implement paint.

evanloock

In the 1969 Wheel Horse brochure………white Brinly attachment.

Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 10.27.49 AM.png

Edited by evanloock
  • Like 2

T-Mo

Color that is most recommended is Rustoleum Almond.

• Like 2

briankd
5 hours ago, T-Mo said:

Color that is most recommended is Rustoleum Almond

well that is the color they will be . probably just going to rattle can them  will sandblast them when I do my C -120  in the spring.    thanks T-Mo