briankd

seat question

briankd

I ran a crossed a seat yesterday at my local mower shop and it was one them seats that came off a early to mid 70's c series  the metal 3 piece I think is what they call it . it came off of a 1974 c-160 and is in mint original condition. what would this seat be worth ? seen on here somewhere that this style seat real uncomfortable to sit on ? was thinkin of getting it to put on my c-120. 

• Like 1

JackC

They are very hard to find in mint original condition. They are also not that comfortable. If I could get it for $150.00 I personally would grab it. I assume it is without the arm rests, With arm rests add another $50 to $100. Tell me where it is located and I will go check it out for you.  :occasion-santa:

Retired Wrencher

briankd  if you can take some pick`s  I think that would help. At least we could see what you looking at and we could give you better advice.

Edited by T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER.

briankd

here is a pic of the seat the corner just has some dirt on the bottom there he has to have 300 bucks for it he says

20161212_150228.jpg

• Like 2

953 nut

:twocents-02cents:  It is hard to find a seat with the arm rests and original upholstery in real nice shape like that  so I guess it is worth what a willing buyer and seller feel it is worth. You probably won't find another one for a long time.

• Like 2

briankd

I think I'm going to pass on this seat for now a little out my price range. just bought 3 brinly attachments and my wife would go thru the roof I pay for this seat   Be sleepin in the garage :lol:

953 nut
1 minute ago, briankd said:

wife would go thru the roof

She could always come down the chimney with it for you; CHRISTMAS IS COMING!   :ychain:

briankd
4 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

She could always come down the chimney with it for you; CHRISTMAS IS COMING

:lol: her and I been dealing with her dads things he was a hit n miss engine guy he passed 2 year ago and she told me I better not accumulate the stuff he did over the years :rolleyes:

• Like 1

TDF5G
16 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:twocents-02cents:  It is hard to find a seat with the arm rests and original upholstery in real nice shape like that  so I guess it is worth what a willing buyer and seller feel it is worth. You probably won't find another one for a long time.

:text-yeahthat:

Sarge

Some creative type with access to a CNC mill could make an embossing plate - that vinyl is just heat stamped/embossed to get those lines and logo work . I've considered having one made for duplicating the older black & white seats with the embossed lines in them . Temperature control would be the biggest challenge but it could be dealt with - probably waste some vinyl to figure it out .

Sarge

• Like 2

Achto
9 hours ago, Sarge said:

I've considered having one made for duplicating the older black & white seats with the embossed lines in them .

Making a mold to get the :wh: emblem would be a great idea! I wish I had the know how. As far as the pleated material that is readily available. Check this site http://www.1800boattops.com/marinevinyl

• Like 3

ACman

This is like "déjà vu" I was just thinking the same thing when my new seat arrived today :) !

WHX??

So I got this old ugly original seat with the WH embossed that I can't bring myself into throwin it in the dumpster.....got more stuff in my barn for ya Dan.. @achto ...come get it!

Sarge

The whole problem with the mid 60's black and white seat is they are not pleated , but embossed - 1/8" wide channels around 3/4" apart . If you pleated a new cover , it doesn't look right when you check the original photos from the brochures . An old Wheel Horse/Toro dealer in my home town had a 1277 when I was a kid and I remember that fancy 2 piece seat - never have been able to track down where that tractor went as he took extremely good care of it but has since passed away . We lived next door to his mothers - when she passed they found 6 NOS WH's on the crate/pallets in the garage as she had no car and didn't drive . If I only knew back then...duh . She only kept some small garden tools just inside the walk in door - I had been in there a few times to get a tool and remember seeing all the old canvas tarps - never thought to ask what they were covering .

Live and learn...

Sarge

• Like 1