Ny Horse

Factory dual wheel models

Ny Horse

Hey guys!  Was wondering if anyone new what models were offered with the dual rear wheels? Thanks!

JackC

None as far as I know. There is a dual wheel adapter than can be used on most models.

Google: wheel horse dual wheel adapter for some pics.

• Like 4

AMC RULES

Dual rear wheels on any :wh: model...

are made possible with an wheel adapter. 

Image result for wheel horse dual wheel adapters

• Like 2

Ny Horse

Ok, I see. Thanks guys!!

im looking at this one and saw the dual wheels so figured I'd ask.....

IMG_4187.JPG

• Like 2

Sarge

Hmm , anyone ever done duals on D series ?? I've seen folks do them on almost every other model except those....?

Sarge

• Like 1

gwest_ca

If the adapters were available at the time for a particular model they are usually listed in the Attachment List like in this one. Download the D&A file

Garry

prondzy
2 hours ago, Sarge said:

Hmm , anyone ever done duals on D series ?? I've seen folks do them on almost every other model except those....?

Sarge

Seen them  on a d200 with a loader on it. the  loader was installed on the  rear of the tractor so the weight was on a larger footprint.

Edited by prondzy

WHX??

On the rear Mike?? like to see pics of that! @Ny Horse ...why are you "looking" and not "hauling"!!:ychain:

• Like 2

953 nut

For anyone interested in making a pair here are the plans.

Wheel Dual adapter.pdf

Or you can do dual front wheels like this puller.   

WH Puller.jpg

• Like 6

82Caddy
5 hours ago, Sarge said:

Sarge

3 hours ago, prondzy said:

Seen them  on a d200 with a loader on it. the  loader was installed on the  rear of the tractor so the weight was on a larger footprint.

Here's your proof :)  Was on craigslist for awhile, not sure what happened to it.

]17736099064_5bd29b2c71_z.jpg

• Like 3

"D"- Man

Ken, a fellow member made a pair of extended axles to accommodate duals for my 18 Automatic.

IMG_20160508_103221069.jpgIMG_20160603_230717552.jpg 

I still am working on getting the second set of hubs ready, then I can begin to proceed with assembling the other side.

• Like 2

953 nut
7 hours ago, "D"- Man said:

made a pair of extended axles

Please post some :text-coolphotos: when it is done!   :twocents-02cents:   Also, keep the inflation of the outer pair of tires very low so the axles don't bend.

• Like 1

"D"- Man
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

Please post some :text-coolphotos: when it is done!   :twocents-02cents:   Also, keep the inflation of the outer pair of tires very low so the axles don't bend.

Thanks for the advice, 953 I am almost certain that will not be a concern, as these are machined from 4140 steel and have been heat-treated via magnetic induction; however, I may still keep the outers a bit lower.  

• Like 2

JackC

Here is some duals eye candy:

This is my C-81 with a loader and dual wheels. That is correct a little C-81 with a loader. In my opinion, the C-81 is really too small of a platform for some serious loader work and the loader will be going onto a 1997 520H when I get around to it. I made some forks out of 2 x 4s which work real well for moving things around including lawn furniture and my heavy 60 inch decks. I also have a D-200 with a loader and the big D is a much better platform for a loader. When the loader is up in the air the dual wheels can save the tractor from tipping over on an incline. Best to keep the loader and bucket low when in motion. Don't ask me how I know. ((I came close to tipping over the D-200 which does not have the dual wheels.))

p9210879.JPGPB081535.jpgpb071528.JPGPB071530.JPGPB081536.JPGPB081537.JPGPB081552.JPG

Edited by JackC
  • Like 6

mike67

Nice!

953 nut
43 minutes ago, JackC said:

Best to keep the loader and bucket low when in motion.

:handgestures-thumbupright:                   :handgestures-thumbupright:                   :handgestures-thumbupright:                      :handgestures-thumbupright:                Gotta keep the Rock & Roll on the radio, not the :wh:!

Thanks for the  :text-coolphotos:          Image result for eye candy cartoon images

• Like 2

wheelhorsebo

This is what i got on e bay they are home made but it was worth it 

duall wheel.JPG

IMG_20160120_165200_537.jpg

• Like 5

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Now you're ready for this. :text-woo: