jeff w

48" Blade (79350) & skid shoe mounts?

jeff w

Looking to find (mounts) for skid shoes on my blade 79350. There is like a key hole area for mounting on the blade. Any info would be appreciated. Really like this blade on my C-81 w/chains. Manual down pressure is very functional as well. Thank you in advance

Ed Kennell

Do you have a picture.  I have never seen a "skid shoe" on a blade.

jeff w

IMG_2099.JPG.e4bb38ea3845195e55dd186897312001.jpg

WVHillbilly520H

The newer blades have them, and I made a set that would set a bit higher,Jeff. Looks like Jeff w those were put on by someone other than factory.

IMAG2554.jpg

IMAG2547.jpg

IMAG2373.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H

jeff w

WV HillyBilly, thanks for the reply. I already have the two shoes (original), just not the mounts. However, I do like what you have there. Will get back to you if can't find original.

Ed Kennell

Thanks @WVHillbilly520H, I have seen the holes in the blade channel, but never seen ther shoes.

• Like 2

jeff w

Thanks Garry, downloaded the file, but, saw no photos. Currently have shoes, but no mounts. The mounts in pic I sent would be the ones if I find them.

benji756

Not sure if you can zoom in but heres a picture of my c-81 with the blade mounted, the skids on mine are round and they adjust up or down using a coupla nuts on the treaded rods.

snow crew.jpg

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Ok learn something new everyday I have an older blade but no provisions for skid shoes so I fabbed up a set using the wear edge bolts then I got the 260 and xi plows with the flat skid shoes,Jeff.

IMAG2089.jpg

IMAG2094.jpg

jeff w

Benji757, thanks for reply. I have the shoes like your, but, no brackets. Where did you find your brackets?

benji756

They were on the plow when I bought it I will try to get a better picture of it and post here for you but looking at your pictures it looks like you have the mounts already it would be the tubes with the bolt in them I think.

MalMac

There are no brackets, just the slots where carriage bolts slip through. Older blades do not have slots. Maybe the key hole your referring to is actually the bolt slots.

jeff w

Benji756, The photo I posted was just one I had found to show what I was looking for. Still looking & thanks

MalMac, thanks for the reply...when I get to the blade I will photo the slots on blade and send for a look.

jeff w

MalMac---> photo of brkt mount?

20161210_123904.jpg

benji756

Heres pictures of my blade, it looks like a po used 3/4 or 1" x 2" pipe nipples and welded them on.

-No Subject-.zip

MalMac

Yep, that's it. Carriage bolt heads slip in through there, then skid shoes just bolt on.