CletusH

1076 throttle cable length

CletusH

I am trying to find out what the correct throttle cable length is For a 1076 if Anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it

Achto

I purchased the one on my 1076 at psep.biz part #ROT9135. It was longer than required so I cut the Z bend off and removed the inner cable. Then I cut outer cable to length and inserted the inner then cut that to length. 

IMG_20160623_183018643.jpg

Edited by achto

wallfish

:WRS:

Never owned that model tractor so I can't give you an exact length for that cable but you can buy longer assemblies and just cut it to length and re-do the Z bend in the cable.

The way I do it is pull the wire out of the conduit. Install the conduit on the tractor and route it to the desired location where the clamp holds it on the engine. Mark the conduit and cut it. Now insert the wire back into the conduit and cut that to length. Mark it for the Z bend and bend the wire.

Do the same process for the choke cable too.

Here's a link to some throttle assemblies. There's also a cheap little Z bend tool listed.

http://www.psep.biz/store/universal_mower_cables.htm

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

CletusH  If you have them same set as achto  this is an easy set to install because of no z bends.  Push the lever to the right  so you get full throw on the cable cut to size from there. Run the cable under the governor arm attach to the center post like actho has. find a cable luber these really work well.  There is a short vid on u tube how to use it.  Hope this helps.

cable luber.jpg

Edited by T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER.