BOB ELLISON

15 amp conversion

BOB ELLISON

Ok guys has anyone converted a 15 amp K341 to 25 or 30 amp . I know it would take a different stator and rectifier to pull this off. My stator is 18 poles with only 16 being wrapped in wire with 2 leads which makes it a 15 amp . And a 25 amp has all 18 poles wrapped with wire and 2 leads. The  30 amp has 12 poles of heavy wire with 4 leads. I did some research and this is what I found.

I know someone has posted how to upgrade to higher amp system. 

And I also know someone will ask why would someone want to upgrade to higher output. Well I might want to add more lights with a flat screen TV and a toaster oven. Not really but I don't know how much the tractor needs are after adding high output lights and strobe light. Besides I love reading all the post and if I have to start one to read what all the brains have to say so be it . This is how I learned to work on my horse's. 

(KNOWLEDGE IS POWER)

• Like 2

formariz

A few years back when the stator on my Electro 12 was fried due to shorted connections at the rectifier, I contemplated doing just that . The Electro has a 10 amp system and there is out there a replacement which is 15 amps. I would only also have to replace rectifier and remove aluminum ring in flywheel. However due to the scarcity and price of those stators, I just went with the first one I found which was the stock 10 amp stator.

I use that tractor to plow snow and I have used it continuously for hours with lights on and with a strobe light on, and never found that the 10amp system is nothing but adequate so far, however if I had the toaster on it I might think differently.:D

• Like 1