Hardtop

My 312-8

Hardtop

Question for the snow pushers..... What gear do you guys push snow in? For most of today I've been using hi/1. Don't want to put any unnecessary strain on the horse. Lo/3 seems slow as the snow ...

cleat

Mine are all hydro so no help there.

Faster will likely work better so long as you do not hit anything.

I tend to go slow using the loader so I don't break things.

Snow is just lightly starting here now, supposed to snow through the night. Should make the drive to work tomorrow morning quite exciting.

I will get to clear the driveway in the dark after work ( drawback to 12 hf shifts).

Cleat

• Like 1

BESTDOGEVER

There are no limits to it that 12 horse kohler will do anything you ask it to.  The snow blowers come up pretty regularly around Flint and mid Michigan. There is one ad around midland or thereabouts that seems to have them all the time enjoy your new horse 

• Like 1

Hardtop
11 minutes ago, BESTDOGEVER said:

There are no limits to it that 12 horse kohler will do anything you ask it to.  The snow blowers come up pretty regularly around Flint and mid Michigan. There is one ad around midland or thereabouts that seems to have them all the time enjoy your new horse 

Good to know, thanks. I've seen the one on midland. Looks nice and the price isn't bad. Woulda been a lot easier to pull the trigger on $125 tho. Concidering I've got a pretty big toro 2 stage in the shed. 

• Like 1

Gracie's Dad

Hardtop, welcome...as far as snowblower goes be patient, like bestdogever said, they come up for sale all the time. I got mine in Flushing at a garage sale for $25

• Like 2

Hardtop

Thanks Gracie's Dad. 25 bucks??? That's a deal! I'm sure one will come up. Like I said it's not a need at this point. I've got a toro 926hd that eats snow like it's nothing but man is there a lot less work involved when your sitting on a tractor.  On top of that I'm surrounded by widows and elderly people that I can't in good conscious let do thier own driveways so for every snow I've got at least 5 driveways that I do on top of my own which is about a 1/16 of a mile in total......sigh....one day I tell ya ....one day! 

• Like 4

jeff lary

Hardtop

I used mine without a snow cab for about 10 years/ winters before I bought one. I think it cost me $600.00 maybe? cannot remember really. I will tell you this it makes a w-o-r-l-d of difference. When the wind gusts to 25mph while your on a tractor without a cab it really sucks. However if you have a cab...... life is much better.

So if I could give you some valuable advice start looking for a cab as well. Cause if you will be on the blower for more than a 1/2 hour you will not regret the investment. Now like I said earlier I need to be on the look out for a WH that I can dedicate to just summer mowing and I will be all set.

DSCF0085.JPG

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

:text-goodpost:     :text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

Hardtop

Hope everyone had a merry Christmas. I spent a little time over the break repairing the mowerdeck for my 312. Both right side mounts were bad. Jeees a few pics. 

IMG_1033.JPG

IMG_1036.JPG

IMG_1038.JPG

As soon as I can figure out how to post the rest of the pics I will. 

• Like 1

rjg854

Becoming a supporter for a meager amount per year will make that task much easier. Check out the Store area :thumbs:

• Like 2

jeff lary

just make another post and put a few more pictures in that one. I am sure there is some sort of size limit per post maybe that is the reason you cannot post all that you want to. ?

Hardtop