Hardtop

My 312-8

Hardtop

Hey guys. I've been lurking on this site for a couple weeks now looking at all of your wonderful Wheelhorse tractors and learning what I can about mine. My uncle called me and asked if I wanted a WH. That's an easy one!! I've been in love with the WH's since I was a kid. Anyway one of the mounting points on the mower deck had rusted thru so he decided get a new cub cadet. The new to me WH is a 312-8. It had 312 hours on it when I brought it home. I've spent a few hours cleaning it up and mounting the dozer blade. Here's a couple of pics. the 1st pic is prior to clean up. Looking forward to learning more about them! 

IMG_1015.JPG

IMG_1026.JPG

IMG_1028.JPG

IMG_1029.JPG

Edited by Hardtop
  • Like 8

Pollack Pete

Welcome to Red Square.Nice looking 312-8.I have four or five of them.Love them,obviously.Have fun with your new toy.

• Like 1

cleat

You got the blade on just in time.

You now have all winter to get the deck fixed up.

Good looking low hour tractor.

Welcome to the site.

• Like 1

Hardtop

Thanks guys. And yes I did get it on just in time lol. I'm hearing 7" or so coming soon!! I just missed a snowblower on CL for 125 bucks!! I was bummed !

Notfishin

Good looking 300 series , looks like he took pretty good care of it , and you still have the hub caps , that,s a plus 

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

312 hours.....that's barely broken in.         We should all have Uncles like that.     Now the addiction takes over.  Get the blower, then the cab, then another tractor for the deck and ...............

• Like 4

Hardtop
2 minutes ago, notfishing said:

Good looking 300 series , looks like he took pretty good care of it , and you still have the hub caps , that,s a plus 

Thanks!! Those hubcaps have always caught my eye. I'm a car nut at heart . I remember seeing those WH's as a kid and loving the hubcaps. They reminded me of a "hotrod". Always always wanted one just never had the need or the opportunity. Looking forward to playing with this tractor!

4 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

312 hours.....that's barely broken in.         We should all have Uncles like that.     Now the addiction takes over.  Get the blower, then the cab, then another tractor for the deck and ...............

I'm working on all of it Ed!! A guy down the street has a 70's model he said he would sell me for 150 . Blade only but she still runs like a champ. 

• Like 1

DennisThornton

Love the hubcaps!  I used to have two...  Still hoping the other will turn up somewhere...

• Like 1

elliot ness

:text-welcomeconfetti: Nice tractor.

• Like 1

Tankman

:text-welcomeconfetti: Nice Horse! We are all sure, you'll love that Stallion! Updates......Required.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

T-Mo

Nice looking WH.  And at 312 hours, it's just getting broke in.  The Kohler Magnums are great engines.

Go get that other WH.  Pictures when you do.

• Like 3

Walt

:WRS:

• Like 2

midpack
1 hour ago, Hardtop said:

I'm working on all of it Ed!! A guy down the street has a 70's model he said he would sell me for 150 . Blade only but she still runs like a champ. 

you're doomed now....  ;) 

• Like 1

TDF5G

:WRS:  Your horse looks mighty fine!  I hope you enjoy working it.  

I see your hardtop in the background too. :ph34r:  Is that about a '67 Plymouth?

• Like 1

Hardtop
41 minutes ago, midpack said:

It's a disease that predates the Wheelhorse lol!! I just can't help myself!

13 minutes ago, TDF5G said:

:WRS:  Your horse looks mighty fine!  I hope you enjoy working it.  

I see your hardtop in the background too. :ph34r:  Is that about a '67 Plymouth?

Thanks!! I am absolutely looking forward to working it! BTW

thats a pretty good eye you've got there. Not many outside of the Mopar world could have guessed that by just a rear quarter pic. That's my other baby! 67 Plymouth Fury 3 4 door hardtop. 

IMG_0808.JPG

IMG_0809.JPG

• Like 3

ACman

:text-welcomewave:to HORSEOHOLIC's ANONYMOUS , were we support your addiction ! Don't worry about other horses following you home , it's just what happens when you bring one home . :scratchead: somehow it seems when one finds a good home others just find you . It's a  :wh:Horse   :thingy: ! 

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor

:WRS:

• Like 1

Hardtop
1 hour ago, midpack said:

It's a disease that predates the Wheelhorse lol!! I just can't help myself!

TDF5G
32 minutes ago, Hardtop said:

thats a pretty good eye you've got there. Not many outside of the Mopar world could have guessed that by just a rear quarter pic. That's my other baby! 67 Plymouth Fury 3 4 door hardtop. 

Well, I guessed pretty well then!  Especially for not really being a Mopar guy! :)

• Like 1

Hardtop

Oops a repost! 

Thanks for the welcomed fellas! I do love this 312 and am for some reason wanting another lol. I'll find the limits of this machine and figure out which model is next!!

Notfishin

Hardtop ,that,s how it starts , get one , want another one .LOL 

• Like 1

Hardtop
21 minutes ago, TDF5G said:

Well, I guessed pretty well then!  Especially for not really being a Mopar guy! :)

Well I'm impressed! At a guess I'd say a car guy of some sorts! I've had people that see the whole thing ask "what is that?" 

TDF5G
23 minutes ago, Hardtop said:

Well I'm impressed! At a guess I'd say a car guy of some sorts! I've had people that see the whole thing ask "what is that?" 

I'm a car guy I reckon.  I remember building model kits of 68 Plymouths back in the day.   More of a :wh: guy now.  

Sorry if I high-jacked the thread here.  No more car discussion. 

Hardtop

No need to apologize TD I love talking about that boat too! 

jeff lary

I have a 312-8 myself bought it new in 1995. I mow to large lawns and snow blow two long drives and have since it was new. I have never had a lick of trouble with it ever. I have a tiller and a snow cab for it . The blower cab and homemade weight box on it right now. I would like to buy another one to keep the mower deck on one and the winter set up on the other. The changeover between summer and winter is a pain I think. So if I can see a good one for mowing I may buy it . You should get many years of work from her. Good luck Jeff

• Like 2